Please help!!! Motherboard PCI Problems

anerexocist

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
Hi I would be so grateful if someone could help with this, as I've had a new iPod for about a week and I can't use it.

I bought a brand new firewire card to use with the iPod, but when I install it Windows doesn't recognise that a new PCI device has been installed. I have also tried a PCI network card, but again Windows doesn't recognise that anything has been plugged in.

I've checked CMOS setup, and PnP is enabled and configured correctly. I've tried the add new hardware wizard in Windows and this doesn't pick up the card/s either. I've checked the device manager and all the PCI Bus drivers are installed and working correctly.

Not sure if this would affect it, but I am using an AMR modem which is installed and working correctly.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA6WMM7 and I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.

Should I just buy a new motherboard? I would be reazlly grateful for any help any one could give me.

anerexocist

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
yeah ive tried both of those things. do you think i should just throw the board away and buy a new one? just want to check im not missing anything simple! thanks for the advice