Repair Blue Ray frozen in PS3

TerryS12

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
We took apart a PS3 60 GB because of the red - yello- green then red freeze, when we put it back to gerther, it works except that the Blue Ray is frozien and will not accept a disk. When we had it open we took out a game disk by sliding it out with a smal screw driver, it did not seem to bother anythingm based on sight and sound. What should we check when we reopen it to get to the Blue Ray (making sure it has power is on the top of my list

check all connections to the drive. also the problem might be you might not have the drive lined up correctly with the front of the console which may be the reason why it doesn't accept disks. i just had to get my bluray drive replaced by sony and when they sent it back to me even they did not line up the drive correctly and mine had a hard time accepting disks and also had problems ejecting disks too. luckily the 2nd time i sent it to them they got it right

TerryS12

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010

Thanks captaincharisma - will add your sugggestions to the list. We will aboslutely will not be sending it in for repairs again, But perhaps the lesson here is that the problem with the red - yellow - green - red flash and then is dead problem was resolved by information that I downloaded off the net.