eric b

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
CPU: q6600 ~ 3 ghz
Gpu: Geforce 260+
Ram: 4G
Mobo: Nforce 680i
Windows vista 64 ultima

While playing AC2, the game crashes randomly, no alt-tab or Ctrl Alt Del can get out of the game. It forces me to push the reset or power button to reboot the machine.

Wonder anyone have the same problem while playing the game.. ??

G

Where you got the game from? CD or Torrent? Cause if you got it from the internet its cause the crack to the game ain't completed yet. If it's from a CD try re-install the game or check the CD for scratches.

eric b

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
It's the retail DVD version. The game just freeze and crashed randomly...

Went to ubisoft forum.. Seems like the problem mainly affects quad core cpu users. Damn. Guess those genius in ubisoft just spent their entire efforts to do the DRM instead of proper play tested the damn game.

isamuelson

Distinguished
If your entire machine is hanging, that sounds like either a driver issue or a heat issue. Have you monitored your CPU and GPU temps? I wonder if you could be overheating somewhere?

Also, uninstall your video card drivers and reinstall them with the latest drivers. See if that helps.

eric b

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Found a "fix" from ubisoft user forum... Apparently there are others who are having the same problem....

Disable Core 2 and 3 ............from running this game. Dunno if u can call this a "fix" but i can now run the game without the computer crashes...

AC 2 is a buggy game.. I swear i won't buy another Ubisoft game again..

isamuelson

Distinguished

Thanks for the tip. I'd say "I'll remember that when I buy the game", but I don't plan on purchasing it any time soon unless they patch it to remove the crappy "always online/go offline say buh-bye to the game and your progress" DRM that they have in it. Bad move, Ubisoft! :non:

fulcrum_blurred

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Intel Core2 Extreme x9770 3.20 ghz
8gb Ram
3x Nvidia 280 GTX in SLI
Physx Card
Realtek onboard audio
Vista Ultimate 64x

I have this same problem. Have updated all drivers. Have tried disabling SLI, disabling Physx, killing all start up programs. I can confirm it is not a heat issue.

Please post the link to Ubisoft fix. I don't know how to disable core 2 and 3.

thanks.

fulcrum_blurred

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Tracked down the link, tried the "fix". It worked, although I agree it isn't really a fix. Did Ubisoft not figure on quad core processors? This go-around seems to do the trick, but I can't believe how dicked up this game is although I should know better. This is Ubi's SOP.

Thanks very much for the help.

chaitanya_mkin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
hi, i installed assassins creed 2 in my system for the first time and power gone at the middle of installation.............. up to this time its ok and whenever i tried to install next time it asks to uninstall, ok i uninstalled and every time i tried to install its coming like this only i deleted game installed folder, registry, everything i tried but no use whats the prob...................

DraconianGamer

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Step 1: Remove disk from drive
Step 2: Place disk on floor
Step 3: Step on disk
Step 4: Buy a baseball bat/very heavy book/whatever
Step 5: Go to Ubisoft HQ and start breaking things
Step 6: ?????
Step 7: PROFIT!!!
Step 8: JAIL!!!!

G

Good night people,

Well just to mention the fact that this game as spectacular as it may be, it has the worst graphics engine i have ever seen. My rig has P5E3 pro motherboard, 2 crossfired asus EAH 5770, 4gb ram memory (kingston 1600) and a e8500 (3.16 Ghz) processor overclocked to 3.8 and still the FPS is not perfect. I have ran all the other games, from bioshock2, masseffect 2,Dragon age, prototype to just cause 2 with all graphs max in 1680 * 1050 and perfect FPS. Assassin's creed is just overrated for a game that simply has sucky graph engine.

Best regards