Yep. Unplayable.

Last response: in Video Games
September 3, 2005 9:56:23 PM

Well, my senior char on this ladder, Guardian RoylzR-Us (windruid 83,
#52 USEast HC Ladder) has gone to join his ancestors. He was filling
in his Hell Forge quest solo, having a pretty easy time with a level
23 OS and life ball at 2500, resists all 75. HeyPhatso was enchanted
with some innocuous aura, XF and cursed, but not giving too much
trouble. No significant lag. Then suddenly the OS, grizzly and merc
vanish from my party without warning. Retreat to a safe distance.
Life ball suddenly at 1/5. Uh-oh. Hit two full rejuvs. Nothing.
Alt F4. And just before the screen goes black, deeds.

It's a pity, because I was going trade a 31 ruby jewel of fervor for
some decent gear for him, and make a run for 90. All he had was a
Spirit Sword, Nat's boots, 3 pdiamond tower shield, 20 res all ammy, a
wonderful yellow ring with 76 total resists and level req of only 13
(which an ordinary boss dropped way back in A2 Normal, IIRC), and the
rest just assorted mediocre rares and blues. Anya had stiffed him
three times, so even his pelt was a silly blue +2 Hurricane +2 Tornado
thing with no resists.

Until these insane lag issues are resolved, I don't see any point in
playing HC, especially in Hell difficulty, and I have no interest in
playing SC. I have three chars still in Normal, and I may advance
them from time to time, but for now, 1.11 lag has chased me off the
realms.

-- Roy L

More about : yep unplayable

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:56:24 PM

Lag: the reason not to play HC.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:13:39 AM

> Until these insane lag issues are resolved, I don't see any point in
> playing HC, especially in Hell difficulty, and I have no interest in
> playing SC. I have three chars still in Normal, and I may advance
> them from time to time, but for now, 1.11 lag has chased me off the
> realms.

I know what you're sayin! I forgot about you guys playing HC, man that's
gotts be tough. I just emailed Blizzard about my necro that is so lame he's
lvl 80 in still in act 3 hell. All I can get out of his is 11 skellies and
11 mages and he should get at leat 15 of each with all the equiptment. I was
going to put another skill point in resists but when I would highlight it it
would say 62 to 64, 62 to 65 and also got a 65 to 65, figure that out. I got
a hannerdin thats off ladder because of the reset and he can drink potions
with the shift key down but this new ladder pally can't, I have to use the
caps key. I almost think I'm going to Neverwinter Nights, it free online and
better graphics. I hate to waste time creating characters full of glitches.
Blizzard and their paranoia sure screwed this up with 1.11
September 5, 2005 2:07:00 AM

Alex Mars wrote:
> Lag: the reason not to play HC.

Fie on you. There is no, and never will be, reason not to play HC. :)

chaliban
lost ~200 clvls (not counting under lvl 20's) to lag this season and
counting
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:59:44 AM

chaliban wrote:
> Alex Mars wrote:
>> Lag: the reason not to play HC.
>
> Fie on you. There is no, and never will be, reason not to play HC. :)
>
> chaliban
> lost ~200 clvls (not counting under lvl 20's) to lag this season and
> counting

Yeah, over the long haul it's just one more thing to consider. :-)

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous

~misfit~ wrote:
> chainbreaker wrote:
> > ~misfit~ wrote:
> >>>
> Sour grapes! Sour grapes!
> >
> > Nyah-nyah, nyahnyahnyahnyah-na! :-)
>
> LOL.

I agree with chainbreaker ;)
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 2:00:14 AM

royls@telus.net wrote:
> On 4 Sep 2005 22:07:00 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >chaliban
> >lost ~200 clvls (not counting under lvl 20's) to lag this season and
> >counting
>
> Ouchies.

hehe such is life, or maybe death, on the red side.

It was mainly 2 characters, both between 70-75. And then a couple of
lag accidents, once in cows, the other in CS.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 2:23:57 AM

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>chaliban wrote:
>> Alex Mars wrote:
>>> Lag: the reason not to play HC.
>>
>> Fie on you. There is no, and never will be, reason not to play HC. :)
>>
>> chaliban
>> lost ~200 clvls (not counting under lvl 20's) to lag this season and
>> counting
>
>Yeah, over the long haul it's just one more thing to consider. :-)

I cynically put forward the opinion that those who consider lag just one more
thing to consider are the ones who don't suffer from it that much. :-(

The sad thing is, the kind of lag that people are complaining about now is the
kind that some of us have had for five years. Only now, we're getting it
from multiple sources.

--
To battle!
Anonymous

~misfit~ wrote:
> Stephen van Ham wrote:
>> "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell
>> down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash
>> at Baal...

>>> Yeah, over the long haul it's just one more thing to consider. :-)
>>
>> I cynically put forward the opinion that those who consider lag just
>> one more thing to consider are the ones who don't suffer from it that
>> much. :-(
>>
>> The sad thing is, the kind of lag that people are complaining about
>> now is the kind that some of us have had for five years. Only now,
>> we're getting it from multiple sources.
>
> What Stephen said.

Sour grapes! Sour grapes!

Nyah-nyah, nyahnyahnyahnyah-na! :-)
--
chainbreaker
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 8:38:24 AM

On 4 Sep 2005 22:07:00 -0700, "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote:

>chaliban
>lost ~200 clvls (not counting under lvl 20's) to lag this season and
>counting

Ouchies.

-- Roy L
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:14:58 PM

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Sour grapes! Sour grapes!

>Nyah-nyah, nyahnyahnyahnyah-na! :-)

Them's fightin' words!

--