Password ?

Have a desktop and a wireless notebook connected to a NetGear Wireless
router. Both the Desktop and the Notebook share a DSL internet connection
flawlessly. Both the Desktop and the Notebook see each other (and
successfully ping) on the network (same workgroup name). The problem is
when I double click on the appropriate icon (say the Desktop icon when I'm
in the Notebook - or vice versa) I get a prompt asking for a password. I do
not have a password assigned to either user account on the Desktop or
Notebook. Any suggestions ?
5 answers Last reply
More about password

    PS: The Notebook is XP Pro and the Desktop is XP Home

    "TLB" <zxswer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Have a desktop and a wireless notebook connected to a NetGear Wireless
    > router. Both the Desktop and the Notebook share a DSL internet connection
    > flawlessly. Both the Desktop and the Notebook see each other (and
    > successfully ping) on the network (same workgroup name). The problem is
    > when I double click on the appropriate icon (say the Desktop icon when I'm
    > in the Notebook - or vice versa) I get a prompt asking for a password. I
    > do not have a password assigned to either user account on the Desktop or
    > Notebook. Any suggestions ?

    go to the vendor's website. Download the user manual. Read what the default
    password is. If it's been changed, just push the reset button per the manual
    and reconfigure the AP and client devices.

    > PS: The Notebook is XP Pro and the Desktop is XP Home
    >

    > "TLB" <zxswer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Have a desktop and a wireless notebook connected to a NetGear Wireless
    > > router. Both the Desktop and the Notebook share a DSL internet
    connection
    > > flawlessly. Both the Desktop and the Notebook see each other (and
    > > successfully ping) on the network (same workgroup name). The problem is
    > > when I double click on the appropriate icon (say the Desktop icon when
    I'm
    > > in the Notebook - or vice versa) I get a prompt asking for a password.
    > > do not have a password assigned to either user account on the Desktop or
    > > Notebook. Any suggestions ?

    are you sure you shared your files?

    That did it :) Thanks for your help !

    "Morph" <zmitro11@net4u.hr> wrote in message
    > are you sure you shared your files?

    any time, m8...

Wireless Notebooks Desktops Wireless Networking