Password ?

Have a desktop and a wireless notebook connected to a NetGear Wireless
router. Both the Desktop and the Notebook share a DSL internet connection
flawlessly. Both the Desktop and the Notebook see each other (and
successfully ping) on the network (same workgroup name). The problem is
when I double click on the appropriate icon (say the Desktop icon when I'm
in the Notebook - or vice versa) I get a prompt asking for a password. I do
not have a password assigned to either user account on the Desktop or
Notebook. Any suggestions ?

PS: The Notebook is XP Pro and the Desktop is XP Home

"TLB" <zxswer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Have a desktop and a wireless notebook connected to a NetGear Wireless
> router. Both the Desktop and the Notebook share a DSL internet connection
> flawlessly. Both the Desktop and the Notebook see each other (and
> successfully ping) on the network (same workgroup name). The problem is
> when I double click on the appropriate icon (say the Desktop icon when I'm
> in the Notebook - or vice versa) I get a prompt asking for a password. I
> do not have a password assigned to either user account on the Desktop or
> Notebook. Any suggestions ?

go to the vendor's website. Download the user manual. Read what the default
password is. If it's been changed, just push the reset button per the manual
and reconfigure the AP and client devices.

> PS: The Notebook is XP Pro and the Desktop is XP Home
>

> "TLB" <zxswer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Have a desktop and a wireless notebook connected to a NetGear Wireless
> > router. Both the Desktop and the Notebook share a DSL internet
connection
> > flawlessly. Both the Desktop and the Notebook see each other (and
> > successfully ping) on the network (same workgroup name). The problem is
> > when I double click on the appropriate icon (say the Desktop icon when
I'm
> > in the Notebook - or vice versa) I get a prompt asking for a password.
> > do not have a password assigned to either user account on the Desktop or
> > Notebook. Any suggestions ?

That did it :) Thanks for your help !