diabol

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2004
Would it be harmful for bios if you do all updates at once
or would it be better to let some time pass before each update?
Also is it possible to start from the last update and move on to the first?(mean from newest to oldest)

The most recent bios update will contain all the information from the previous bios updates. If your system is running well, be sure to save your current bios when updating. If your system is stable and smooth, I wouldn't update the bios. I've flashed a motherboard as many as 3 times in one day. You don't have to wait for updates, or to return to your previous bios version.

diabol

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2004
Furthermore, i'd like to know if it is possible to download BIOS update in a floppy disk and then update bios through the disk.

I download the new bios and flash program to my documents, unzip them if necessary, and move the unzipped files to a separate floppy. After rebooting with a windows 98 bootdisk, I swap the disks, copy the name of the new file and flash program, and proceed with the bios flash. I've never used the flash programs that run in windows. I think they're less reliable than the old way.

diabol

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2004
Thanks for your help so far:)
Got one more question(sorry for not posting em all together,i just post em when they come to mind!)
Lets say a bios update fix an A problem in a X motherboard.
Is it certain that the A problem will occur when you purchase and use the X motherboard?(in my case there is a bios update that fixes a problem where system cant boot when you use kingston/kingmax ddr400* i haven't started using the mobo yet since i haven't purchased all pieces* is it certain that i will not be able to boot the system if i use a kingston ddr400?)