Sign in with
Your question

Every Game Bluescreens

Last response: in Video Games
March 29, 2010 3:19:29 AM

Hi Guys,

First time poster, long time reader.

Below will be alot of info, but im trying to describe the best way to help you guys with all the info i can provide.

A week ago i went to turn my computer on and low and behold, the screen stayed in sleep mode.
Confused i took the connector off the graphics card and connected it to my on board graphics card.
I went to see what the problem was in my Device Manager, and the said my graphics card couldn't get enough data or info to start, something along those lines. So Googleing this, it said my mobo drivers were out of date. I have NEVER updated my mobo drivers btw. Kinda like, If its not broken, don't fix it type of deal. As my computer restarted, the "safe mode" screen would come up, with all the safe mode options, with command prompt and networking, or start windows normally. Which ever option i choose, my computer would just reboot, taking me back to that screen.

Getting irritated, i grabbed my windows disks and decided to reformat. Wiping my drive clean (losing all my music, games, pictures, and papers) i thought this would be the end of my agony. After installing all the latest drivers, i started downloading all my games. 20 minutes into playing World Of Warcraft, i got my very first BSOD, stating that the nv4_disp.dll caused this BSOD. Restarting, thinking nothing of it, i logged back into WoW. Not even 45 seconds into the game, another BSOD, same nv4_disp.dll error.

Finally today while uninstalling Flash player (btw, my Shockwave player constantly crashes in all my internet browers, fyi) i got a different BSOD, stating my ntfs.sys caused this BSOD.

Finally out of ideas, i decided to ask for help. Here are my Specs:

Intel Core Duo E7200 @ 2.53 GHz
XFX NVIDIA nForce 630i/GeForce 7150
DDR2 2gig single channel RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W

After a week of uninstalling, reinstalling, dusting and resitting items in my computer, i have decided to ask for help.

More about : game bluescreens

a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2010 3:40:36 AM

Your PSU is junk.
m
l
Related resources
March 29, 2010 3:53:16 AM

Quote:
Your PSU is junk.

Im not computer expert, but i dont think its that bad for my system, im not running anything overclocked, and ive never had a problem in the year and a half that ive had my computer. Is there anyway i could test the PSU and see if its running up to speed?
m
l
March 29, 2010 3:55:57 AM

Khubani,

I tried that process yesterday. No luck. Thanks anyway.
m
l
March 29, 2010 3:58:20 AM

So after removing that nv4_disp file, it still blue screens with that other error? Or does something else occur? Where exactly do you stand with this issue now?

Also, what NVIDIA drivers did you install after reinstalling XP?
m
l
March 29, 2010 4:01:20 AM

After i removed the nv4_disp file, uninstalled, and reinstalled in safe mode, I rebooted and started up a game and after a few minutes, it blue screened again.
m
l
March 29, 2010 4:02:29 AM

With the nv4_disp error?
m
l
March 29, 2010 4:07:18 AM

yes the nv4_disp BSOD, today i also recieved a ntfs.sys BSOD, could these two be intertwined? my friend said my HDD is dying, could this be possible?
m
l
March 29, 2010 4:09:43 AM

At this point, I'd say it's something to consider, but I'd like to exhaust all your options before putting a dent in your pocket. Take a look at this forum with me: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic5352.html

I'll post if anything catches my eye as far as fixes.
m
l
March 29, 2010 4:19:50 AM

I have reformatted twice since this problem has occured. It seems to help only for a few minutes, the games runs for about an hour, then blue screens. then i can barely play after that. I have run virus scans, everything. Seeing how HDDs are pretty cheap now, im looking in that direction. I would just hate for it to be something else, and then the problem corrupts my new drive. Is that possible? and one more thing, durring the reformat, could my bios gotten knocked around somehow? something isnt like it should be?
m
l
March 29, 2010 4:36:47 AM

Just now, i got another blue screen after defragging my HDD. "kmixer.sys" is now the culprit, and now my graphics card seems to be dead, saying "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Now i have nice big icons on my desktop and the resolution is shot to hell. I think my computer just spat in my face.
m
l
a c 272 U Graphics card
March 31, 2010 10:01:13 AM

Nytemare said:
Just now, i got another blue screen after defragging my HDD. "kmixer.sys" is now the culprit, and now my graphics card seems to be dead, saying "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Now i have nice big icons on my desktop and the resolution is shot to hell. I think my computer just spat in my face.

Try reinstalling the driver and this time do not delete any of the .dll files afterwards and I would suggest you try and get another, better quality, PSU as well because Rosewill never did have the best of reputations.
m
l
!