Offline Game Lag

Hello,

I currently have a big problem on my computer. When i first got my computer a couple weeks ago it was fine for all games and now there is offline game lag. Its too bad to play an games such as Battlefield Bad Company 2 or even Fallout 3. It wasn't there for a while and then suddenly happened I really need a solution thanks.

System Specs:
Alienware m15x
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 1.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M
5 answers Last reply
More about offline game
  1. update drivers, scan for malware (adware, spam, virus), remove unwanted processes(taskmanager).

is there something that you installed just before the 'lag' begun?
  2. yeah i think so... like any video converter and... i think also a Videora iPod Converter hjsplit... should i uninstall hjsplit?
  3. first make sure that it isn't running on the background (task-manager=>processes )
    and while you're at it, stop other processes that aren't needed also (like itunes when you dont use it, quicktime,...) a few of those isnt a problem, but a bunch of them might...

oh, since its a laptop: did you played those games when it was plugged in? since the laptop will underclock everything when its on the battery.
  4. yeah i play when its in charge i made a backup so i might just restore and use a system image but thanks ill try what you said before
  5. Is there any other way to fix this its really annyoing and if i dont find something soon I think ill have to use recovery :( can someone please help me... I searched through google but nothing yet im still looking thanks...
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Computers Games Lag Video Games