Motherboard not recognizing BIOS...

Stanth53

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
I've had this since I put my machine together and it has neveer really presented itself as an issue, but when the computer is starting up I get a message were is says:

Scanning IDE drives.....
Fastrak is not installed, BIOs is not installed

I know fasttrak is connected to the SATA HD, but I'm mystifyed as to why my computer give this message (seems a bit discocerning to me). Any help would be great!

Also would there be any way to optomize a computer in some way? Because I build mine and it has excallent parts, but I feel like its having some issues with games and performance that it shouldn't have...

As I said any insight into this would be awesome! And if you aree willing not to be lazy please mail me at Stanth53@hotmail.com!

<b> <font color=blue> Idiot Confusion Device! </font color=blue> </b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Are you SURE it's connected to the Fastrack controller and not an on-chipset controller? Because most boards that have 4 SATA ports have two ports on-chipset and 2 ports on-fastrack.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Because I build mine and it has excallent parts, but I feel like its having some issues with games and performance that it shouldn't have...
Good parts are useless without the right drivers. Did you install all the right drivers?

---
Epox 8RDA+ rev1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @205x11 (~2.26Ghz), 1.575Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro 420/744

Stanth53

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Well I have all the drivers installed off of the software that came with the cards and such. Oh well its running fine with high end programs, but one thing that gets me is the imcompatibility with games like Warcraft III and Starcraft...

<b> <font color=blue> Idiot Confusion Device! </font color=blue> </b>

pat

Expert
whay is your mainboard? Because on mine, if I dont connect any SATA drive on the controller that IS NOT part of the chipset, such as the Promise your board has, and this controller is enabled in BIOS, then at startup, it will search for drive connected, but since there is none, it wont load the CONTROLLER BIOS. either disable it in BIOS, or connect one drive to it. When you say that you know that it is connected to it, then maybe it is connected to the chipset controller, which doesnt need external BIOS.

So post more about your config ..it will be easier to help you if we know what you are using... We cannot yet read in your mind ...but that's coming!

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!