RaR Files > Games?!?!?

BlueFunk

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2003
Hi, can anyone please help, Ive just downloaded a game from the Net, 3 CDs worth. I have extracted my RaR files, now I need to know what application I run it through to get to the next step. I have been left with 2 files per Disc, 'FLT-SC1.' & 'FLT-SC1.cue', what do I do next to convert these files to the Game? Can someone please Help me,

Cheers

Funk

umheint0

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
They are image files. You need to use a burning program like Nero to burn them onto CD, or use a virtual cd program to emulate a cd drive on your computer (daemon tools makes on, and there is one called virtual cd).

2500+ Barton 191x12@1.85v=2293mhz
Tr SLK-800
Tt Smartfan II
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
BBA 9700 Pro AIW
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Guillemot Game Theatre XP

BlueFunk

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2003
Cheers for that Mate, Ur a Star!!! Now I got one problem. The Game is split into 3 CDs, I have converted the cue file for CDs 1 & 2 fine using Nero. But for some reason, the 2nd CD does not work. Nero informs me that it has trouble with the Cue file, problem on Line 1?!?!?!

Any suggestions wots going wrong, or how I can fix this problem, agai though, cheers mate, nearly there!!!

Funk

dhlucke

Polypheme
Use Daemon Tools to see that all 3 CD's are ok and that they'll load. Then try to burn the image files with Nero. If one of them is corrupt you'll have to get another copy.

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>

G

An app called ISO BUSTER might help too.

"He took the seat of his own bike because the way that it felt."
-Blink 182

Johnny23

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2003
Easiest way to determine what the problem is with a .cue file is to try to burn it using cdrwin, it will give you the exact error. Or you could just open the .cue file in notepad and the error will be obvious. It usually has to do with when the image file was created on someone elses computer it still has the path from where it was stored.

Example: I create an image in f:\games on my system and when you try to burn it from c:\downloads on your comp it won't find the .bin file because it's not in f:\games. So all you should have to do is go in and modify the .cue file to the proper folder. Hope this helps

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
If it has a cue and a bin file you could always use a program called Fireburner

It's super-small, and efficient as crap

It's all good ^_^