Can windows live mail be accessed through the web

johnh2000

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hi Guys
I am operating Windows 7 & have set up Windows live mail.
Is there a way of setting it up so I access it on the web & have access to all my contacts,folders etc when I am away from home.
Thanks
Johnh

It depends on your ISP and whether or not they have webmail access. Mine has actually switched over to Windows Live rather than having their own servers to host email. Because of this, I have access to all my mail on any device I choose to set it up on. Best thing to do is check with your mail provider to see what options you have for accessing your mail.

johnh2000

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hi Kyler
Thanks for this. The URL you have given seems to only take me to messenger & or hotmail. I dont have a hotmail address.
There does not seem to be a way in to my Windows Live Mail Account with all my info etc.
Cheers
John

Kyler Windows Outreach

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Ah, I see the problem. There is something called Windows Live SkyDrive, which allows you to store files "in the cloud" like important folders, contact lists, and just about anything else. I don't know if it would be helpful for what you are looking to do, but it might be worth checking out.
You get 25G of files free, and you can access from anywhere.

http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive

Hope this helps!

He's trying to access his POP or IMAP account through a web interface. This is only possible if the ISP has that option available. My ISP (strictly as an example only) used to have their own POP/SMTP servers. They also had the option of signing into a specific website to be able to access your email anywhere without having to configure another mail client on another machine. This is why he (the OP) would need to contact his ISP... to see if webmail is an option.

My ISP has since switched to Windows Live servers for their email hosting. That means I can sign in on the Hotmail website and get my mail exactly the same way I would with my Hotmail. However, if his ISP still hosts their own email, then that is not an option.

Latest posts