Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour - Mismatch Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Hello all :)

Ok, my Dad, brother, and I have tried to play C&C Generals: Zero Hour, but within a couple of seconds we all get a mismatch error at the top of our screens and it takes us to the post-game stats.

We all have different serial codes
Our computers meet the minimum specs
We don't have any mods
It is part of the Command and Conquer: First Decade pack
Command and Conquer Generals (the first generals) works just fine

Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thanks!

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Yup, we all have the v1.02 patch for it... oh, and does it include the 1.04 patch of C&C Generals? If not, I am wondering if we can install that on there (due to that fact that it came in the First Decade pack, but I did notice that it installed all the games into seperate directories like a normal game...)

Another thing, where exactly in C&C Generals can you check the version number? I looked all over the main menu screen (inside the C&C Generals: Zero Hour game), but didn't see it... I know it is usually somewhere around the edge, but couldn't seem to locate it.

I would assume that all the games included in First Decade are patched to their latest version. Not sure if you can patch them separately though.

If memory serves, to see the version number in Generals, you have to go to the Options menu. It doesn't display on the main screen.

guggas

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
That game is a pain in the a$$ for multiplayer, it never really works quite right. If one or all of you are playing on Vista, when you start the game, right click the icon for the game on your desktop and select 'run as administrator' that fixed the problem you speak of for me.

younes

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
hello
i had the same problem when ever i played c&c generals zero hour installed from the first decade CD like yours, so whenever i played multilayer with more than two people it will commence the game , then a minute later or so a mismatch error pops up. this drove me nuts, until i disabled the systematical configurations of the resolution , but at the same time i had to determine the output of the installation and where it was installed, this was bullshit all that hard work just to play a game, if that never worked for you i suggest reinstalling the game and running it as administer.

or you could also just play online or if you dont have net create a wireless connection within 30 feet and join hopefully that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.