Concentrate barbarian weapon quandry

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

USWest, SC, Ladder.

I am currently in possession of a Coldsteel Eye (unique cutlass), 247% ED,
non-upgraded. I have the Lum and Pul necessary to upgrade it to an ataghan.
I am also in possession of an ethereal Highland Blade with 4 sockets. This
is a candidate for the "Oath" runeword. It too requires the use of a Lum and
a Pul, but also needs a Mal, which I don't presently have. I could wait for
the Mal and then make the Oath, or I could use the Lum and Pul now to upgrade
the Coldsteel.

Which would you choose?

--
To battle!
28 answers Last reply

    Without looking up all the stats (because I'm at work still), I'd ask
    if you have a 2nd Coldsteel Eye that later characters would be able to
    use if you did upgrade your current one?

    --
    Ashen Shugar
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    I'd probably be more inclined to go the upgrade now. I'd guess finding
    another Pul and Lum would be almost as likely as finding a Mal, if not
    more so.

    Unless Oath has some mod you really really want, I'd use the runes now.

    --
    Ashen Shugar
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > The upgraded 247 Coldsteel would look like this:
    >
    > (From adeyke's upgrade calculator)
    >
    > Coldsteel Eye Ataghan
    >
    > Strength Required 138
    > Dexterity Required 95
    > Level Required 52
    > One Handed Damage 90-159

    Damage wise, Oath highland blade is higher. Let's see:
    Base damage: 22 - 62
    Ethereal 50% bonus: 33 - 93
    210% ed: 102 - 288
    340% ed: 145 - 409

    So even at its lowest ed, your Oath will have higher damage than your
    upgraded Coldsteel. Can we hope for average ed, 275%? That will take
    us to 124 - 233.

    Let's consider the 50% Deadly Strike on Coldsteel.
    50% of the time you deal 90 - 159
    50% of the time you deal 180 - 318
    Your average damage is then 135 - 239

    50% IAS highland blade versus 20% IAS athagan. I'm sure you've done
    your weapon speed check. I have not, I'll just assume they have the
    same speed for simplification. Highland blade has farther range, but
    let's ignore that. With about equal damage, better properties on
    Coldsteel and cheaper in terms of runes used, I'd recommend upgraded
    Coldsteel.

    > --
    > To battle!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Oops, mistake on first post.

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > The upgraded 247 Coldsteel would look like this:
    >
    > (From adeyke's upgrade calculator)
    >
    > Coldsteel Eye Ataghan
    >
    > Strength Required 138
    > Dexterity Required 95
    > Level Required 52
    > One Handed Damage 90-159

    > Hit Blinds Target +1
    > Slows Target by 30%
    > 50% Deadly Strike
    > +50 Durability
    > +20% Increased Attack Speed
    > 6% Mana stolen per hit

    Damage wise, Oath highland blade is higher. Let's see:
    Base damage: 22 - 62
    Ethereal 50% bonus: 33 - 93
    210% ed: 102 - 288
    340% ed: 145 - 409

    So even at its lowest ed, your Oath will have higher damage than your
    upgraded Coldsteel. Can we hope for average ed, 275%? That will take
    us to 124 - 345.

    Let's consider the 50% Deadly Strike on Coldsteel. DS means double the
    weapon damage, regardless of difficulty and monster?
    50% of the time you deal 90 - 159
    50% of the time you deal 180 - 318
    Your average damage is then 135 - 239

    50% IAS highland blade versus 20% IAS athagan. I'm sure you've done
    your weapon speed check. I have not, I'll just assume they have the
    same speed for simplification. Highland blade has farther range.
    Based on this calculation, I'd choose the Oath.

    Unless DS is not double the weapon damage, but instead double the
    damage your character deals (after taking into consideration Strength,
    ed% from other items). In which case, we'll have to know exactly your
    stats and rest of items.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Oops, never mind that. DS = double damage after all bonus. So it's
    very likely that your upgraded Coldsteel will do more average damage.
    I change my stand, and choose the upgraded Coldsteel instead.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > USWest, SC, Ladder.
    >
    > I am currently in possession of a Coldsteel Eye (unique cutlass),
    > 247% ED, non-upgraded. I have the Lum and Pul necessary to upgrade
    > it to an ataghan. I am also in possession of an ethereal Highland
    > Blade with 4 sockets. This is a candidate for the "Oath" runeword.
    > It too requires the use of a Lum and a Pul, but also needs a Mal,
    > which I don't presently have. I could wait for the Mal and then
    > make the Oath, or I could use the Lum and Pul now to upgrade the
    > Coldsteel.
    >
    > Which would you choose?

    Overall it will probably make little difference. Just pick whichever one
    you think looks coolest. :-)

    --
    chainbreaker
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
    g7pnh19r6pn5hcdi2j3g72s5joffh4qdmu@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:

    > USWest, SC, Ladder.
    >
    > I am currently in possession of a Coldsteel Eye (unique cutlass),
    > 247% ED, non-upgraded. I have the Lum and Pul necessary to upgrade
    > it to an ataghan. I am also in possession of an ethereal Highland
    > Blade with 4 sockets. This is a candidate for the "Oath" runeword.
    > It too requires the use of a Lum and a Pul, but also needs a Mal,
    > which I don't presently have. I could wait for the Mal and then
    > make the Oath, or I could use the Lum and Pul now to upgrade the
    > Coldsteel.
    >
    > Which would you choose?

    Isn't there a 4s eth Zweihander on the mules?
    Anyway, I would go Oath. That lvl20 Bone Spirit is not just a trivial
    addition, and magic absorb is never a bad thing. DS with the sword mastery
    CS is a bit uncertain, and Oath is just more fun.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    chainbreaker wrote:
    > Heh, I've never been into that color coordination thingy, but I was talking
    > to Jill yesterday and jokingly said I was going to try a HC barb using
    > nothing any better than regular magic or rare (blue/yellow) items only, just
    > to see how far I could get. The more I think about it the more I think I
    > may really try it, except use only blues. I'm not sure how long I'll stick
    > with it if I do though, because I'm pretty sure I can get a long way in the
    > game doing that, but it'd probably get pretty frustrating/boring after a
    > while.
    >
    > Anybody ever do anything like this with a HC melee'er?

    It's been done by many of the people in www.diablo.net forums.
    Especially if you lurk at the Single Player Forum there, you'll find
    many odd builds that succesfully made it to Guardianship. There's no
    need to register if you are just lurking. Most recent odd builds
    include the use of Wirt Leg from when it's available until
    Guardianship, 10+ tried, 3 made it to Guardianship, all untwinked, all
    melee. Other odd builds include all blues and all greens plus the
    requirement that every newly drop must be equipped right away, unless
    it's impossible, such as IK helm when playing non barb.

    > --
    > chainbreaker
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Alex Holtz wrote:
    > chainbreaker wrote:
    >> Heh, I've never been into that color coordination thingy, but I was
    >> talking to Jill yesterday and jokingly said I was going to try a HC
    >> barb using nothing any better than regular magic or rare
    >> (blue/yellow) items only, just to see how far I could get. The more
    >> I think about it the more I think I may really try it, except use
    >> only blues. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it if I do
    >> though, because I'm pretty sure I can get a long way in the game
    >> doing that, but it'd probably get pretty frustrating/boring after a
    >> while.
    >>
    >> Anybody ever do anything like this with a HC melee'er?
    >
    > It's been done by many of the people in www.diablo.net forums.
    > Especially if you lurk at the Single Player Forum there, you'll find
    > many odd builds that succesfully made it to Guardianship. There's no
    > need to register if you are just lurking. Most recent odd builds
    > include the use of Wirt Leg from when it's available until
    > Guardianship, 10+ tried, 3 made it to Guardianship, all untwinked, all
    > melee. Other odd builds include all blues and all greens plus the
    > requirement that every newly drop must be equipped right away, unless
    > it's impossible, such as IK helm when playing non barb.
    >
    >> --
    >> chainbreaker

    Were these build done by folks grouping or mostly playing solo--or do you
    know? And that "equip right away" twist is insane! Talk about having to
    make quick playstyle adjustments--heh, I think so slowly on my feet that I
    probably wouldn't make it through A1 Normal if I had to do that.

    --
    chainbreaker
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Without looking up all the stats (because I'm at work still), I'd ask
    >if you have a 2nd Coldsteel Eye that later characters would be able to
    >use if you did upgrade your current one?

    Yes, we have a couple more Coldsteels of lesser stats.

    The upgraded 247 Coldsteel would look like this:

    (From adeyke's upgrade calculator)

    Coldsteel Eye Ataghan

    Strength Required 138
    Dexterity Required 95
    Level Required 52
    One Handed Damage 90-159

    Hit Blinds Target +1
    Slows Target by 30%
    50% Deadly Strike
    +50 Durability
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    6% Mana stolen per hit

    As for the "Oath" highland blade... well, the range of potential damage is
    quite wide. The Coldsteel is more of a "sure thing". The Deadly Strike
    combined with good innate speed and reasonable damage makes it a very
    interesting option. It's a range 1 weapon, however.

    --
    To battle!
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    chainbreaker wrote:
    > Alex Holtz wrote:
    > >> Anybody ever do anything like this with a HC melee'er?
    > >
    > > It's been done by many of the people in www.diablo.net forums.
    > > Especially if you lurk at the Single Player Forum there, you'll find
    > > many odd builds that succesfully made it to Guardianship. There's no
    > > need to register if you are just lurking. Most recent odd builds
    > > include the use of Wirt Leg from when it's available until
    > > Guardianship, 10+ tried, 3 made it to Guardianship, all untwinked, all
    > > melee. Other odd builds include all blues and all greens plus the
    > > requirement that every newly drop must be equipped right away, unless
    > > it's impossible, such as IK helm when playing non barb.
    > >
    > >> --
    > >> chainbreaker
    >
    > Were these build done by folks grouping or mostly playing solo--or do you
    > know? And that "equip right away" twist is insane! Talk about having to
    > make quick playstyle adjustments--heh, I think so slowly on my feet that I
    > probably wouldn't make it through A1 Normal if I had to do that.

    They are all playing solo, and post their progress on the same thread,
    so it's quite easy to follow. It's good read, I pick up a lot of nice
    strategies from reading these odd builds. Residents on that forum are
    insane, they have basically tried everything there is. If you ever
    heard of the name Mongo-Jerry, while he was a resident there, he beat
    Normal Andariel in HC with a naked sorceress + naked rogue, no skill or
    stat used, full clear, except 3 or 4 unbeatable uniques (search for the
    article "Adventure of Irene"). M-J is on a break now I believe. At
    some time, Jarulf was also a resident / contributor.

    > --
    > chainbreaker
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Oops, never mind that. DS = double damage after all bonus. So it's
    >very likely that your upgraded Coldsteel will do more average damage.
    >I change my stand, and choose the upgraded Coldsteel instead.

    Hehe, fair enough. It strikes me as a "six of one, half a dozen of the
    other" scenario anyway.

    Deadly Strike/Critical Strike are indeed a chance to double total physical
    damage, after all other factors have applied. So, first damage from
    charms/other gear is added to weapon damage, than %enhanced damage from
    skills/auras is applied to that modified total, then critical strike/deadly
    strike have a chance to double all of that.

    Re the speed, assuming no off-weapon IAS (a good assumption, in the case of
    the build/gear I'm working towards), it's 10 FPA for the coldsteel (socketed
    with a shael) versus 11 FPA for the "Oath" highland blade, wielded one-handed.

    The damage calculations are reasonably close to what you outlined, with one
    slight alteration, that being inherent critical strike from barbarian sword
    mastery. Iif critical strike doesn't "fire" on a given hit, the game "rolls"
    to see if deadly strike "fires" instead, to double damage. It's a "one or
    the other" scenario, unlike 1.09. The upshoot of that is that, with some
    critical strike from sword mastery, the "damage over time" increase for 50%
    deadly strike is a bit *less* than the 50% stated.

    The barbarian in question is currently at the beginning of nightmare. I'll
    leave things until he starts to hell to decide, but I'm leaning towards
    upgrading the coldsteel.

    Thanks for the replies all.

    --
    To battle!
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:02:43 +1200, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >> "Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    >> stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >>
    >> >Oops, never mind that. DS = double damage after all bonus. So it's
    >> >very likely that your upgraded Coldsteel will do more average damage.
    >> >I change my stand, and choose the upgraded Coldsteel instead.
    >>
    >> Hehe, fair enough. It strikes me as a "six of one, half a dozen of the
    >> other" scenario anyway.
    >>
    >> Deadly Strike/Critical Strike are indeed a chance to double total physical
    >> damage, after all other factors have applied. So, first damage from
    >> charms/other gear is added to weapon damage, than %enhanced damage from
    >> skills/auras is applied to that modified total, then critical strike/deadly
    >> strike have a chance to double all of that.
    >>
    >> Re the speed, assuming no off-weapon IAS (a good assumption, in the case of
    >> the build/gear I'm working towards), it's 10 FPA for the coldsteel (socketed
    >> with a shael) versus 11 FPA for the "Oath" highland blade, wielded one-handed.
    >>
    >> The damage calculations are reasonably close to what you outlined, with one
    >> slight alteration, that being inherent critical strike from barbarian sword
    >> mastery. Iif critical strike doesn't "fire" on a given hit, the game "rolls"
    >> to see if deadly strike "fires" instead, to double damage. It's a "one or
    >> the other" scenario, unlike 1.09. The upshoot of that is that, with some
    >> critical strike from sword mastery, the "damage over time" increase for 50%
    >> deadly strike is a bit *less* than the 50% stated.
    >>
    >> The barbarian in question is currently at the beginning of nightmare. I'll
    >> leave things until he starts to hell to decide, but I'm leaning towards
    >> upgrading the coldsteel.
    >>
    >> Thanks for the replies all.

    Last point: The upgraded coldsteel can be socketed, and lifesteal (amn)
    or enhanced damage (jewel/Ohm) or whatever else interests you inserted.

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Stephen van Ham wrote:
    >> USWest, SC, Ladder.
    >>
    >> I am currently in possession of a Coldsteel Eye (unique cutlass),
    >> 247% ED, non-upgraded. I have the Lum and Pul necessary to upgrade
    >> it to an ataghan. I am also in possession of an ethereal Highland
    >> Blade with 4 sockets. This is a candidate for the "Oath" runeword.
    >> It too requires the use of a Lum and a Pul, but also needs a Mal,
    >> which I don't presently have. I could wait for the Mal and then
    >> make the Oath, or I could use the Lum and Pul now to upgrade the
    >> Coldsteel.
    >>
    >> Which would you choose?
    >
    >Overall it will probably make little difference. Just pick whichever one
    >you think looks coolest. :-)

    For sure. It just seemed like an interesting conversation piece, if nothing
    else. :-) Having said that, I think Oath Highland Blade sounds cooler than
    Coldsteel Eye Ataghan. Or maybe not. Hmmm! I should check colour
    coordinations...

    --
    To battle!
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    >> Overall it will probably make little difference. Just pick
    >> whichever one you think looks coolest. :-)
    >
    > For sure. It just seemed like an interesting conversation piece, if
    > nothing else. :-) Having said that, I think Oath Highland Blade
    > sounds cooler than Coldsteel Eye Ataghan. Or maybe not. Hmmm! I
    > should check colour coordinations...

    Definitely! :-)

    Heh, I've never been into that color coordination thingy, but I was talking
    to Jill yesterday and jokingly said I was going to try a HC barb using
    nothing any better than regular magic or rare (blue/yellow) items only, just
    to see how far I could get. The more I think about it the more I think I
    may really try it, except use only blues. I'm not sure how long I'll stick
    with it if I do though, because I'm pretty sure I can get a long way in the
    game doing that, but it'd probably get pretty frustrating/boring after a
    while.

    Anybody ever do anything like this with a HC melee'er?

    --
    chainbreaker
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell
    down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Isn't there a 4s eth Zweihander on the mules?

    Might well be, but a zweihander is only exceptional grade anyway. Although
    admittedly, zweihander *is* a cool name for a weapon.

    >Anyway, I would go Oath. That lvl20 Bone Spirit is not just a trivial
    >addition, and magic absorb is never a bad thing. DS with the sword mastery
    >CS is a bit uncertain, and Oath is just more fun.

    Yes. Hmmm!

    --
    To battle!
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet>, in a display of leetness,
    fell down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at
    Baal...

    >Last point: The upgraded coldsteel can be socketed, and lifesteal (amn)
    >or enhanced damage (jewel/Ohm) or whatever else interests you inserted.

    Certainly! Shael would probably be my early choice (it takes the weapon from
    a 11 FPA attack to 10 FPA, assuming no off-weapon IAS), since I'll have some
    life steal from other gear, and a good damage jewel/Ohm isn't available yet.

    --
    To battle!
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Definitely! :-)

    >Heh, I've never been into that color coordination thingy, but I was talking
    >to Jill yesterday and jokingly said I was going to try a HC barb using
    >nothing any better than regular magic or rare (blue/yellow) items only, just
    >to see how far I could get. The more I think about it the more I think I
    >may really try it, except use only blues. I'm not sure how long I'll stick
    >with it if I do though, because I'm pretty sure I can get a long way in the
    >game doing that, but it'd probably get pretty frustrating/boring after a
    >while.
    >
    >Anybody ever do anything like this with a HC melee'er?

    Well... if you can get hold of a chromatic circlet and amulet of life
    everlasting, you'll be well on your way. A pair of blue echoing weapons on
    switch, as usual. Shield could be a nice chromatic/deflecting piece. Blue
    rings - resist all+life steal. Gloves - resist + 20 IAS. Weapon - good
    cruel+quickness. Sounds like a hoot, although the lack of any crushing blow
    might become an issue for Hell Ancients. :-) I was going to do this a
    while ago with an SC Fire Claws druid, and even had a mule of bits ready for
    him to us, but it wear nearish the end of last season and I just never got to
    it.

    --
    To battle!
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell
    > down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash
    > at Baal...
    >
    >> Definitely! :-)
    >
    >> Heh, I've never been into that color coordination thingy, but I was
    >> talking to Jill yesterday and jokingly said I was going to try a HC
    >> barb using nothing any better than regular magic or rare
    >> (blue/yellow) items only, just to see how far I could get. The more
    >> I think about it the more I think I may really try it, except use
    >> only blues. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it if I do
    >> though, because I'm pretty sure I can get a long way in the game
    >> doing that, but it'd probably get pretty frustrating/boring after a
    >> while.
    >>
    >> Anybody ever do anything like this with a HC melee'er?
    >
    > Well... if you can get hold of a chromatic circlet and amulet of life
    > everlasting, you'll be well on your way. A pair of blue echoing
    > weapons on switch, as usual. Shield could be a nice
    > chromatic/deflecting piece. Blue rings - resist all+life steal.
    > Gloves - resist + 20 IAS. Weapon - good cruel+quickness. Sounds
    > like a hoot, although the lack of any crushing blow might become an
    > issue for Hell Ancients. :-) I was going to do this a while ago
    > with an SC Fire Claws druid, and even had a mule of bits ready for
    > him to us, but it wear nearish the end of last season and I just
    > never got to it.

    Hmm, you're right--Hell Ancients could be a bit of a PITA. I'm pretty sure
    I could get at least that far using blues, barring anything extraordinary
    happening, which is always a HC possibility, but the more I think on it, the
    more I'm not sure that I'd want to, because I suspect that it might quickly
    become more work than play. :-)

    --
    chainbreaker
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >It's been done by many of the people in www.diablo.net forums.
    >Especially if you lurk at the Single Player Forum there, you'll find
    >many odd builds that succesfully made it to Guardianship. There's no
    >need to register if you are just lurking. Most recent odd builds
    >include the use of Wirt Leg from when it's available until
    >Guardianship, 10+ tried, 3 made it to Guardianship, all untwinked, all
    >melee. Other odd builds include all blues and all greens plus the
    >requirement that every newly drop must be equipped right away, unless
    >it's impossible, such as IK helm when playing non barb.

    Whoo! I've had the name Wirtinator reserved on USWest since 1.09.
    *ponders*

    And guess who started HC Ladder today. When will I ever learn?

    - Hamster-HC
    Level 14 HC Barbarian

    --
    To battle!
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:

    > And guess who started HC Ladder today. When will I ever learn?
    >
    > - Hamster-HC
    > Level 14 HC Barbarian

    Oh, so YOU are the Hamster dude! It all makes perfect sense now. I was
    playing an assassin this weekend. It was good to see you online.

    -Jason
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Ruben-P wrote:
    > "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > [Snip]
    > > And guess who started HC Ladder today. When will I ever learn?
    > >
    > > - Hamster-HC
    > > Level 14 HC Barbarian
    >
    > I noticed that you were in AGDHC, and wanted in the worst way to join you,
    > but was committed to gearing up to join a beginning nightmare hardcore romp
    > (we quested through the first two acts, into act three). Hopefully, I can
    > join you soon. I have characters of many different levels, so I can
    > probably find something close. I'd love to game with you again, although it
    > seems that when I do, I cause you to have serious lag problems. :-)

    Gaming yesterday was fun. Maybe NOW, after playing in like 15 games
    with you, you'll FINALLY remember my name. :)

    -Jason
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    [Snip]
    > And guess who started HC Ladder today. When will I ever learn?
    >
    > - Hamster-HC
    > Level 14 HC Barbarian

    I noticed that you were in AGDHC, and wanted in the worst way to join you,
    but was committed to gearing up to join a beginning nightmare hardcore romp
    (we quested through the first two acts, into act three). Hopefully, I can
    join you soon. I have characters of many different levels, so I can
    probably find something close. I'd love to game with you again, although it
    seems that when I do, I cause you to have serious lag problems. :-)

    Welcome back to the dark side [Grin]

    Ruben
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Ruben-P wrote:
    >> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> [Snip]
    >> > And guess who started HC Ladder today. When will I ever learn?
    >> >
    >> > - Hamster-HC
    >> > Level 14 HC Barbarian
    >>
    >> I noticed that you were in AGDHC, and wanted in the worst way to join
    >> you,
    >> but was committed to gearing up to join a beginning nightmare hardcore
    >> romp
    >> (we quested through the first two acts, into act three). Hopefully, I
    >> can
    >> join you soon. I have characters of many different levels, so I can
    >> probably find something close. I'd love to game with you again, although
    >> it
    >> seems that when I do, I cause you to have serious lag problems. :-)
    >
    > Gaming yesterday was fun. Maybe NOW, after playing in like 15 games
    > with you, you'll FINALLY remember my name. :)
    >
    > -Jason

    Nah, no chance. I'm an old fart, remember. Some days I hardly remember my
    own name! LOL

    Ruben
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Ruben-P wrote:
    >> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> [Snip]
    >> > And guess who started HC Ladder today. When will I ever learn?
    >> >
    >> > - Hamster-HC
    >> > Level 14 HC Barbarian
    >>
    >> I noticed that you were in AGDHC, and wanted in the worst way to join
    >> you,
    >> but was committed to gearing up to join a beginning nightmare hardcore
    >> romp
    >> (we quested through the first two acts, into act three). Hopefully, I
    >> can
    >> join you soon. I have characters of many different levels, so I can
    >> probably find something close. I'd love to game with you again, although
    >> it
    >> seems that when I do, I cause you to have serious lag problems. :-)
    >
    > Gaming yesterday was fun. Maybe NOW, after playing in like 15 games
    > with you, you'll FINALLY remember my name. :)
    >
    > -Jason

    ME: "Who was that tough guy we've been adventuring with lately, I can't
    seem to remember his name"
    MERC: "Why ask me, You're the brains of this outfit, and besides, if I told
    you, I'd have to kill you"
    ME: "Well, let's go ask Cain, he knows everything"
    MERC: "I've got a better idea, lets go ask Charsi for a date, I think she's
    go the hots for me"
    ME: "....... Who's that tough guy, he looks familiar"
    MERC: "[Sigh] There ain't no way I get paid enough to put up with this!"

    [Grin]

    Ruben
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >It's been done by many of the people in www.diablo.net forums.
    >Especially if you lurk at the Single Player Forum there, you'll find
    >many odd builds that succesfully made it to Guardianship. There's no
    >need to register if you are just lurking. Most recent odd builds
    >include the use of Wirt Leg from when it's available until
    >Guardianship, 10+ tried, 3 made it to Guardianship, all untwinked, all
    >melee. Other odd builds include all blues and all greens plus the
    >requirement that every newly drop must be equipped right away, unless
    >it's impossible, such as IK helm when playing non barb.

    There's one thread in particular that I found intriguing, and that's the
    tournament for SP HC no twink single-tree builds.

    --
    USWest HCL *svhhc
    Hamster-HC - Level 14 Barbarian

    "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >I noticed that you were in AGDHC, and wanted in the worst way to join you,
    >but was committed to gearing up to join a beginning nightmare hardcore romp
    >(we quested through the first two acts, into act three). Hopefully, I can
    >join you soon. I have characters of many different levels, so I can
    >probably find something close. I'd love to game with you again, although it
    >seems that when I do, I cause you to have serious lag problems. :-)

    >Welcome back to the dark side [Grin]

    Hi!

    Yes. I mean, No. Wait, what was the question again?

    Nevermind. I saw a few of our accounts online the other day, and pinged you,
    and then just figured you were afk burning some new squad members when the
    green phospher remained silent.

    I didn't play much yesterday, just grabbing a waypoint or two. I played a
    bit of SCL with Dalai instead, and refreshed some SC NL characters as well
    (and found a Mal). But the lag doesn't look too bad today so I might make
    another foray into red shirt land. Maybe.

    --
    Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
    CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

    "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Nah, no chance. I'm an old fart, remember. Some days I hardly remember my
    >own name! LOL

    That's for sure, Fred.

    --
    Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
    CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

Games Diablo Video Games