Will Grand Theft Auto 4 work good on a 2007 PC

G

IF IT WORKS I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD!! BYE!

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009

Yeah "a 2007 PC" could mean anything. There are some 2007 PCs which would run it, but many others which wouldnt.

We need to know your processor, RAM, and most importantly you Graphics Card (if you have one - if you dont have a dedicated GPU then forget it!)

G

What do you mean? Lock This Post!

G

Well i'm not very good with computers... All I know is that it's a 2007 HP pc

isamuelson

Distinguished
Then give us a model number. 2007 HP PC doesn't help.

We need things like:

■CPU type and speed (Intel, AMD, Dual Core, Quad Core, X3, X4, etc)
■Video card - make and amount of memory
■Amount of system memory
■Sound card

Without that information, we cannot help you at all. It's not that we don't want to, we just can't without that information. If you can't get the info yourself, maybe someone you know can?

G

G

Ok but thanks for the help anyways.....

isamuelson

Distinguished
If you want to play it at an acceptable framerate with as much detail as possible, you do.

Now, if you want to play at 800x600 with most detail turned off (which makes it look like crap), then yes, you don't need a quad. But, if you really want to play it where it looks the best, then yes, you do need a quad.

I had an Athlon X2 and the game barely got over 24 fps at 800x600 with most details turned off.

With my Phenom II X3, I get close to 50 fps. And that was with my HD3870 I had with my Athlon X2 4200+.

RickyT23

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Dude Ihate to break it to you but your 3870 is balls. Its less powerful that a single 8800. I run at 1080p (1920x1080 if you dont get that (!!!?!)). When I had my 8800GTS 512mb (g92) it was a bit jerky but often playable with the high resolution textures ON but I ended up accepting medium settings for smooth rates.

TBF Athlon X2 is w@*#K compared to Intel E6750. Thoug besides the point, neither are quad core:

http://kotaku.com/5049326/here-are-gta-iv-pcs-recommended-system-requirements

BUMP :S !