Solved

Bad Company 2- bad crashes,pc

Hello . :o
Two hours after (DVD) installation i get this nasty crash , system just shut down and reboots ( i know ,some people complaining about crashing to desktop ),so i turned on VSync and that seems to help a little,but i still get ocasional crash ones in a while .Single mode or multiplayer
I would appreciate some help on this matter.

Other games ( fallout 3,COD world at war,FarCry2 ) are fine,all high or very high settings .Thanks !

Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
AMD Phenom IIx4 940 @ 3.6ghz
Zalman 9700NT
4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5
WD Caviar Black 500GB
XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 ( 10.3 CCC )(GPU930mhz mem1200mhz)
ULTRA LSP 650W
Win 7X64bit
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about company crashes
  1. Have you gotten all of the patches? There is an updater in the BC2 file that you can run if you haven't updated it.
  2. Yes i run updater that started automatically right after install, and patches....i did look for it but i cant find any ( found some links online but the sources are shaky ). I know the game is new ,so before i start downloading some crap that i'm not sure abouti was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.Thanks for quick reply SpinachEater.
  3. ...We talking SYSTEM reset here?

I'd recommend a memtest, just in case...then the other standard steps [Temps, defrag, re-install of game, etc].
  4. Best answer
    Turn down your overclock or take it off to test. BC2 HAMMERS your GPU and CPU(if its a dual core, so you are fine here). I had to send back my 5870 because it would artifact at stock, it also failed and reported errors in a stress test so I am using an old 8800GTS. I've had this cards overclocked pretty well through several games, but NOT with BC2. I had to turn that OFF. It does have a slight OC from stock so I keep it at that. I also crank up the fan profile otherwise it crashes or acts weird after an hour or two. I have buddies that have experienced the same thing with their overclocked cards.
  5. Dude, Jay. No way. I was running a 1440 res monitor and was doing just fine but I just recently bumped up to a 1920 res monitor and I am noticing a few artifacts at stock speeds with my 5870 as well...even with the fan cranked to 50%.

At first it was only on white pass but now I am seeing it on a few other maps. I am going to apply some top notch thermal paste to the GPU but if it doesn't go away I was thinking about doing the same thing.
  6. SpinachEater said:
    Dude, Jay. No way. I was running a 1440 res monitor and was doing just fine but I just recently bumped up to a 1920 res monitor and I am noticing a few artifacts at stock speeds with my 5870 as well...even with the fan cranked to 50%.

At first it was only on white pass but now I am seeing it on a few other maps. I am going to apply some top notch thermal paste to the GPU but if it doesn't go away I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Most of my artifacts where when I was on the side of a hill looking down in a valley. The background would flicker gray. I applied the below thermal paste, which was tested to be one of the best right beside Arctic Silver 5 (i don't like because it's thin). I applied this to my CPU as well. The CPU had Arctic Silver Ceramique applied a year ago. The CPU temp dropped 1-2C but I noticed NO change in GPU. Actually, when I removed the cooler I said to myself "wow this is really well applied paste". Which obviously it was since i saw no improvement with the new paste.
  7. Hmm...for the record. my 4890 runs fine at stock (1920x1200).

Could be overheating system; BC2 runs all 4 of my cores at 80% (REALLY well optimized), so its possible something is overheating in the OP's system.
  8. jay2tall said:
    Most of my artifacts where when I was on the side of a hill looking down in a valley. The background would flicker gray. I applied the below thermal paste, which was tested to be one of the best right beside Arctic Silver 5 (i don't like because it's thin). I applied this to my CPU as well. The CPU had Arctic Silver Ceramique applied a year ago. The CPU temp dropped 1-2C but I noticed NO change in GPU. Actually, when I removed the cooler I said to myself "wow this is really well applied paste". Which obviously it was since i saw no improvement with the new paste.

Who made your 5870?
  9. It could be an issue with overclocking, i have known that right after the crash my( ccc ) GPU cklock changes from 930mhz to 850mhz .I'm going to lower the clocks and see if that healps. Also thinking about my freaqency 1920x1080@60hz or 59hz
  10. SpinachEater said:
    Who made your 5870?

ASUS
  11. gamerk316 said:
    ...We talking SYSTEM reset here?

I'd recommend a memtest, just in case...then the other standard steps [Temps, defrag, re-install of game, etc].

Run memtest,prime95,temperatures, all seems ok. Probably defrag or reinstall should be next on my list,
  12. I stumbled across this thread:
    http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=129395&enterthread=y
    looks like ATI boys are still a f..... joke for not getting CCC fixt. It's been months now.
  13. Jeez, turn AI off as a solution? That's funny because that disables crossfire. Having issues with crossfire? Try disabling it...that should fix ya up.
  14. Best answer selected by ortoklaz.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games