Front Panel Connector Harness

tekbro

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2004
I've got a weird question on those little wiring harnesses that hook up your power switches and led's and such from the chassis to the motherboard. I don't think the front panel harness in my old case is pin-for-pin compatible with the pins on my new motherboard. I want to remove the little plastic harness terminal and replace it with a bunch of single terminations, so I have more control over where I land each wire. But, I don't know where to buy the connectors. I searched the usual suspects on the web (newegg, zipzoomfly, directron, mwave, etc.) with no dice. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tekbro

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All standard boards use a standard 4-pin speaker with the outer pins used, 2 pin HDD LED, and 2 pin reset switch. The standard for the power LED is 3 pins with the center unused, but some boards or chassis use 2 pins instead.

If you case has those ends your standard board will work. The 3 pin end can be made 2 pin fairly easily if needed.

I don't know anyone who sells the leads. When I need leads I get them out of an old case.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>