First time scammed, I think.

So I'm trying to sell of some excess Terror keys for some items. Once
nice person gave me some chance Guards, a QueHagens and a Guardian
Angel for just 1 terror key.

Another person put up what I'm sure where some un-id's unique
ceremonial javelins, then a rare necro wand with +2 necro skills and
some other stuff, then took the javelins down. I commented on wanting
some titans, put 2 keys up and eventually they took down the necro
want and put up some un-id unique javelins. I'm sure you all know
where this is going. Once my trade tick stopped being red I clicked
it. They completed the trade, I opened my inventory to ID the titans
to check what ED% they were and then I noticed that I'd gotten
Matriarchal Javelins. And not even all that good a ones either.

Guess I'll have to get into trading more often so I actually remember
to check that sort of thing more carefully.

I did ask them if I'd made a mistake or if they'd scammed me, but they
left almost as soon as I'd asked, so I'm not entirely sure. I'm
fairly sure I got scammed. : )

I've still got 3 Terror keys and got such a nice deal on the first
TKey I sold that I'm not too annoyed.

Now back to bashing up Nilly for that last Destruction Key.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Ashen Shugar wrote:
> I've still got 3 Terror keys and got such a nice deal on the first
> TKey I sold that I'm not too annoyed.
>
> Now back to bashing up Nilly for that last Destruction Key.
>
> Ashen Shugar

At the first instance of somebody moving stuff around, the thing to do is
immediately close the trade window unless you know who you're trading with.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

--
chainbreaker

Nah, all I had to do was remember to check the item after the tick's no
longer red. If I traded more often, I'd probably remember to do that.

Though when someone put up a gas potion and 2 blue potions up in trade
for 3 terror keys, I decided not to hang around. ; )

--
Ashen Shugar

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Yep, the trade scene has been abysmal of late. I was in a trade game with a
>stash full of pgems waiting for something decent and one person was heading
>out killing monsters and then coming back and offering me the stuff they'd
>just picked up for pgems.
>
>Oh well, 28,000 CD keys that had a 30 day ban are due back on-line anytime
>now. From what I've seen of the trade scene in their absence, they must be
>95%+ of the traders.

This begs the question... is there any interest in reviving the AGD USWest
honest traders forum that Marshall used to operate (in 1.09)?

--
USWest HCL *svhhc
Hamster-HC - Level 14 Barbarian

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
>stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>
>>Yep, the trade scene has been abysmal of late. I was in a trade game with a
>>stash full of pgems waiting for something decent and one person was heading
>>out killing monsters and then coming back and offering me the stuff they'd
>>just picked up for pgems.
>>
>>Oh well, 28,000 CD keys that had a 30 day ban are due back on-line anytime
>>now. From what I've seen of the trade scene in their absence, they must be
>>95%+ of the traders.
>
>This begs the question... is there any interest in reviving the AGD USWest
>honest traders forum that Marshall used to operate (in 1.09)?

Never mind, I went ahead and started one anyway.

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/agdtradesc