Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any idea as to what I could possibly do to solve a hair-pullingly annoying connection problem I'm having on the PC version of MW2.
For some strange reason, whenever the host of whatever mutiplayer match dies within my line of sight my game freezes up entirely for a good 10 seconds or so, flashes a black screen, and then after seeming to resume for maybe a second or two (at least the audio resumes) I am kicked from the game back to the lobby with a "Server Disconnected" error message.
This usually happens when I myself kill the host, but it can also happen if the host is killed by a teammate or even if the host on MY team is killed by an enemy, so long as its within my line of sight. The freeze happens the exact second the killing bullet hits the host. The last thing I see before I disconnect is the hit marker of the killing shot.
This error has caught me TONS of really epic games, and so far nobody, not even Activision, has been able to come up with a solution. I've tried disabling my firewall, anti virus and other services, reinstalling MW2 and steam, trying different networks entirely. So far though nothing has worked.
Do you guys have any idea on what I can do to fix this? Thanks very much!
1. Can you give me a run down on your system build?
2. How many connection is the host running at a time?
3. Is this online or do you network at home?
4. Is anyone else dropped after host is killed or just you?
Sorry I'm just now seeing this! Here's the best answers I can give:
1. Can you give me a run down on your system build? Alienware M17 running Windows 7 (64bit) Proccessor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz (sucks I know), 4G RAM, DirectX Vers.11 and running with 2 Radeon HD 3870 Video cards using Crossfire.
2. How many connection is the host running at a time? Not particularly sure, although there is usually about 9 players in the hosted game.
3. Is this online or do you network at home? Yes, this is online.
4. Is anyone else dropped after host is killed or just you? Not that I'm aware of, it's just me that gets booted.
Oh and MW2 is Modern Warfare 2, sorry for not being clear on that.