g8tk33p3r

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2003
Hi i have a big prob i hope someone can help me try to find out what it is .
When i start my puter everything seams fine but as soon as windows is going to boot my puter restarts every single time i have tried diffrent hd's but still the same problem so i know it's not the ide or sata thats the problem .
My moderboard is a kv7 abit and my 3d is a sapphire 9600se .
I was wondering if it can be the drivers to the radeon or maybe the bios ?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by g8tk33p3r on 04/20/04 05:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
1. Reset your BIOS to default (or clear the CMOS, see your MB manual to do this.)
Try to boot...

2. Remove unnecessary card (only keep video card)
Try to boot...

3. Disconnect all drives except your main HDD
Try to boot...

If step 1 correct your problem, this was only one or some BIOS parameter that were too high/low or not at a correct setting for your hardware.

If step 2/3 correct your problem, replug stuff one at a time, and find which piece is causing the crash.

If you still have your problem, reply to this message!

--
<b><font color=red>GO!</font color=red> <font color=blue>HABS!</font color=blue> <font color=red>GO!</font color=red></b>

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Did your problem started after you have installed a new component?
Do you have a good power supply?
Have you tried to boot with another video card?

--
<b><font color=red>GO!</font color=red> <font color=blue>HABS!</font color=blue> <font color=red>GO!</font color=red></b>

g8tk33p3r

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2003
Hiya no new component only the same :

mobo abit kv7
3d sapphire 9600se
memory 512 ddr
about 600Gb hd's
psu xp1900
power supply chieftec 360W

I was wondering if it might be something wrong with the bios , or the driver to the 3d ?

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
I was wondering if it might be something wrong with the bios
If you have clera the BIOS by removing the battery on your MB, this should not be the problem.

or the driver to the 3d ?
Have you recently updated your drivers?

Can you boot in SAFE MODE, if you can, go into System/Hardware and remove your 3D card from the list of hardware, you will then reboot with default VGA drivers.

--