Sign in with
Your question

Avp3 cant run installation

Last response: in Video Games
April 1, 2010 9:09:27 AM

i have this problem when trying to install avp3 when i put the CD and choose the auto-run it says windows cannot open this file or the path is not recognized u dont have permissions to access these files while on my friends PC it will launch but on mine it wont anyone have solutions for this

More about : avp3 run installation

April 1, 2010 9:41:32 AM

System specs please!!! :) 

Are you logged in with administrator capabilities?

You could try opening the DVD and browsing to the installation files manually, usually SETUP.exe.

What OS are you using?
m
l
April 1, 2010 10:04:57 AM

system specs
intel core2duo E4400 OC to 2.6 GHZ
HD 4670
3 GBddr2 ram
XP SP3
yea im on administrative privilages
and i already tried browsing and it did not work same error message
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2010 11:32:11 AM

OK I have been reading some forums for you and stuff and found a few things out. The most notable is that you need to have Steam installed to install even from the retail disk.
Do you have Steam installed? IMO Steam is a good system. It probably says on the back of the box that an internet connection is required to play the game, even in Singleplayer mode.

http://steampowered.com

Another thing is that you may have to have Microsoft Visual C++ runtime components installed:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...

Im not sure how much this latter part will matter because the disk will probably install this when you get it to work.
m
l
April 1, 2010 1:16:52 PM

ok man thx i have steam installed from the disk ill try the C++ runtime components and get the results
m
l
April 1, 2010 1:32:26 PM

well still C++ did not solve the issue anything else anyother solutions
btw thx for ur help
m
l
April 1, 2010 3:04:11 PM

i did not buy the game on steam i bought it from a cd shop thats why i cant activcate
m
l
April 4, 2010 4:31:10 PM

ok i solved the prob it all worked now all i needed to do is to set my administritive privilages
m
l
!