Very high ping in cs 1.6

Ne-oL

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
hello
im having a problem with counter strike 1.6 and quake III arena, when i play in lan party i get a very high ping (600-900) in the 2 games, by the way we are connected directly through wlan ad-hoc without any router, we are using our laptops which is very capable of playing the games in single mode with everything maxed out, so i suppose its not from the laptops specs, i can also play counter strike source really really smooth with my friend and there is no ping problem at all and i also play command and conquer with him and its really smooth too, so i dont know what is the problem here ????? :(
i tried to disable the antivirus and also remove the password from the lan network that i made with my friend and also i tried that sv_lan stuff and tired to connect through router and the problem still exist although when i play online with players around the world my ping does not go above 150 and my connection speed is not that high its 256 kps, so im really really lost and need help and anything would be appreciated. :cry:
thanks in advance

Well, its definatly the WLAN setup. I'm not sure what exactly though...

You could always try a direct connection between yourselves and see if that helps. Or you could try pinging (via cmd promt) the ip of one of the other PC's on the network and find the latency (should determine if its a connection or game problem)

G

i have a computer when i go in favorites servers so the ping's go above (600x500)