Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Surpeme commander 2 crash on start

Last response: in Video Games
April 1, 2010 10:00:38 PM

hey guys, this really weird problem is happening with my new game Supreme Commander 2
when i first try to start the game(it runs on steam by the way) my screen will go black for like a micro second and then it will say that "Supreme Commander 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close" and this is were it gets wierd
when i try to start the game again it restarts my computer! its just like somebody pushed the reset button on my case.

also i have tryed putting in a EGVA 9500 GT that i had, and the game starts and plays like normal. but it still restarts the computer on the second time i try to turn it on.

here is my pc's specs

CPU = Phenom II X4 at 3.4ghz
PSU = CoolerMaster 600 W
RAM = Gskill DDR3 1333 Mhz
Mobo = Gigabyte MA790GX-UD3H(i think:) 
GFX Card = Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512Mb
Monitor = Dell 22" ultrasharp at 1920x1080 @60hz

running Windows XP Home Premium

All of my other games run perfectly even SupComFA

also the date on my video card driver says November 14 2009, and i am using Catalyst Control Center 9.2

and i know that the Video card is not overheating because when i play SupCom FA it only gets up to 59 C

What do you guys think i should do?
April 9, 2010 5:29:05 PM

Im having almost the exact same problem! Screen blinks black for a split second and then it goes back to desktop! I played for a month with no problem, now this! Let me know if you get a fix!
Score
April 10, 2010 2:01:10 AM

i know that is exactley what is happening to me! is your computer restarting the second time you try to start the game? if it helps i have googled this for hours on end and i can't find anything:)  sorry.. I would just really like to be able to play a game that i payed 50 bucks for you know! oh.. i did find one guy on gamespot that is having this problem too. what video card do you have, i have a Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, maybe it is just a problem with my card. i dunno
Score
Related resources
August 29, 2010 1:19:49 PM

Mine's on steam too. I can't start the game, as it just goes black for a micro second and then it's as if I never tried to start it - not even an error message. I'm using a Sapphire 4870, but have no idea if that even plays a role.
Score
August 29, 2010 1:57:37 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!