Sign in with
Your question

Quick Question...concerning macs and WoW....

Last response: in Video Games
April 2, 2010 8:51:38 AM

Hey guys, Swink here. Quick question.
So i was thinking yesterday...hmm....i havent got WoW yet....WHY?! i mean i have a mac, s my computer games are limited to like Sims 3, Spore etc, so im a console gamer, but WoW is so fun (played the trial) now here's the issue:

I own a 24'iMac;intel C2D (2.8ghz), 2GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD 2600 PRO. now i played the 10 day trial aaaaages ago on this computer, and liked it, but cant remember if it played well. for some reason when i try to play a second 10 day trial, it says my internet is having issues (which it isnt, cos im using it right now...)

Now, i downloaded it on my macbook; 13', 2.26 ghz C2D, NVIDA GEFORCE 9400M .
It played just fine, but i dont want to bottleneck or overheat my new laptop...(im planning to buy all 3 games/expansions in 18 days-bday)

My question is, what is the better option, macbook or desktop? given the specs, and the fact that it is an old game, whadya think?

P.S I have 50gb a month of internet, will WoW eat this up in a heartbeat?
P.P.S I only wanna play WoW on chosen computer, as i have a ps3, 360 etc, so yeah.

Thanks so much guys :) 
April 2, 2010 9:06:13 AM

bumpity
m
l
April 2, 2010 10:22:03 AM

anyone guys? could really help me out of jam
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 2, 2010 12:30:06 PM

I would install it on the desktop for several reasons:

Probably has the fastest harddisk.

Better viewing experience on a 24" compared to a 13" monitor.

Geforce 9400GO is pure and utter crap, Radeon2600 PRO is as well, but it should do a little better - but that's the deal with Macs, old and underpowered hardware.

In 5-6 months you'll have to send your laptop in for repairs due to one of the following issues: monitor problems, soldering problems, battery problem, WLAN connection issues, OS upgrade problems etc. and so you'll be without WOW for a couple of weeks, if you're in a hardcore guild at that point, they will kick you for not being active.

So yeah, I would go with the Imac.

m
l
April 2, 2010 12:46:54 PM

thanks for the response..unfortunately i'm still in school and cant afford a gaming comp so my macs are all i have...:( . also, will i need to send my laptop in to fix DUE to WoW? or because they're dodgy or whatever
m
l
April 2, 2010 12:50:06 PM

He he, sorry about my Apple rant, I'm just a hater :whistle: 

WOW shouldn't break your laptop ;) 

But go with the Desktop for the best experience
m
l
April 2, 2010 12:54:55 PM

haha lmao....its cool...all my friends are, as well as croc haters. anywho...... should i not worry about the fact that the trial isnt working?
m
l
!