Motherboard Problem?

webosb

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2003
I get no video output from my machine. I first thought the problem was motherboard related but then I got it RMA'd and got a new one today. Machine is sorta bare. I just want to see the POST screen on the monitor. But I get no video output. Monitor works fine on other machines, Tried 3 video cards (2 AGPs and a PCI) -- After getting the new board today, I still get no output. Machine only has CPU, RAM and Videocard in it at the moment. Do I need to connect everything else to get a POST screen?

Need help.

Specs:

Motherboard: GA-8PENXP
CPU: Intel P4 3.0Ghz Socket 478 800FSB
Mem: 2 x Corsair TwinX DDR 512MB 400Mhz
Video Card: VisionTek Xtasy 9600 256MB AGP

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Connect other TX power connector (the little square 4 pin) to the mobo (I hope you have the right power supply though) you'll see the light.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

webosb

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2003
I emailed Gigabyte. They told me If there are no beep codes and no post, it means that the problem exist in the CPU. I think the CPU is defective. So I'm gonna try replacing that. Thanks for the help people. :-D

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, I've built over a thousand machines and never once seen a new CPU arrive dead. I think the chances of that happening are probably like 1 in 50,000 or more! Most likely cause of your problems is that you simply assembled it wrong. In fact not connecting the 4-pin square ATX12v connector from your power supply to your motherboard has the same effect.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>