BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Could you please help get rid of a HTML page that has taken over my desk top! It said "Danger Warning " and the rest was about protecting you computer.Click any where on your start page and it brings you to ! smart security.I used three different spy ware programs, Spybot,adaware,spy sweeper.I cleaned out the registry and cleaned out what I could find in files and folders.I cleaned out temp internet files,cookies and other stuff.After deleteing the files and cleaning out the registry I now have a Blank White HTML page covering the desktop and it flickers alittle. I can right click on the desk top with that Blank htmlpage and it gives me a address of File//:C:\windows\desktop.html . I really need to get this off my desk top for it covers the whole screen with the Shortcut Icons only visable. thanks Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Have you run your spyware/virus scans in safe mode? That would make sure they aren't running when you do the scan.
Hit F8 before windows begins to load and choose safe mode.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Yes I have updated the anti virus program, no programs have been loaded. The HTML left on the desktop is blank just plain white. When I right click and look for address(URL) it says file://C:\windows\desktop.html. This blank is what is loading after I got rid of all the file and keys in the registry that it needed.The pc works fine it is just this Blank HTML over the desktop. Bruce

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Might want to consider a repair install to get back the files you may have lost or that might be corrupted.

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Thanks, I have considered that and probally will try that this evening. Thanks