Sign in with
Your question

To sell at once or part out?

Last response: in Deals
February 1, 2013 2:17:15 AM

So, I'm going to sell my desktop since I pretty much only use my laptop these days, and was wondering if it would be better to part out or sell outright?

System highlights are:

i7-3770S
EVGA GTX 680 2GB
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB 2133
ASUS VG Series VG278H Black 27" 120 Hz Monitor
ASUS Xonar STX + DT990 600 Ohm (Small crack in the back of these but it doesn't affect playback).
Silverstone Nightjar ST50NF 500w Fanless Power Supply ATX PSU
Corsair H55 Cooler
Razer DeathAdder/BlackWidow

Uses a USB for WiFi since the internal card I bought was giving me fits. Plenty fast.

I'd likely sell it without the SSD since I don't think I'd be able to recoupe much of its value to me, but I might be wrong.

It was built as more of a dead-quiet/super fast start up machine that could play pretty much anything very well. It is on an mATX motherboard, so for people looking to add to it that may be a problem. Never overclocked. About 2 months old.

I'm thinking it may be best to just sell it bit by bit with emphasis on the vcard/cpu/monitor/xonar+dt990s sales and offer the rest as a cheap bundle just to get rid of it. I'd like to avoid that hassle, but I'm worried that it may be a bit of a "niche" system with the 3770S and mATX making finding a buyer hard. Thoughts? Potential pricing?

More about : sell part

February 1, 2013 2:49:49 AM

It's going to be next to impossible for you to sell everything together.
Most here are looking for either full, inexpensive systems or just select components.

Things that will sell well on their own:
- GTX 680
- Asus 3D monitor
- Power Supply
- H55

You can pair things like the sound card and headphones, mouse/keyboard, and CPU + RAM (and motherboard, if you're selling it).
February 1, 2013 3:14:23 AM

Thanks for the reply!

I had intended to just ship the mobo with processor to remove the risk of anything happening to it during removal or would that be a bad idea?
Related resources
February 1, 2013 3:19:41 AM

wont have to worry about overclock on the "S" processor. the "K" is what peeps
want to overclock.. the 10% bus clock bump isnt a deal breaker, just not the desirable
processor enthusiasts look for.
jag's right on the star sellers..

only way to sell full systems here is a fire sale, dirt cheap. peeps here look for the
cheaper upgrade and sell off their replaced hardware..

airdeano
February 1, 2013 3:22:24 AM

Bvbz said:
Thanks for the reply!

I had intended to just ship the mobo with processor to remove the risk of anything happening to it during removal or would that be a bad idea?

not really the best idea.. always ship the CPU in the OE chip case and the motherboard should have
the socket cover on it.. if there isnt one, make/get one to protect the pins. strange shipping stories
on bent pins and shipping..

airdeano
February 1, 2013 3:35:31 AM

Thanks guys.

Now to work on le sale thread. :bounce: 
February 1, 2013 3:57:16 AM

I'll pick up your 680! :D 
February 3, 2013 8:36:48 PM

how much for 680? also do you live in UK? :) 
!