ZZSpaceman

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
Putting together a new system with ABIT IC7-Max3 Mother Board, 2.8 GHz P4C CPU, 80 GB Seagate SATA HD, and Sony DVD RW & DVD drives. The Sony drives are mounted to IDE 2 as master and slave respectively. The IDE 1 controller is not connected and is disabled in the BIOS.

I can either recognize the HD or the DVD drives, but I can't seem to see them both simultaneously. I have tried both the Enhanced and SATA Only Modes. I started out with the SATA drive connected to SATA 3, then moved it to SATA 1.

What is the right combination of ports and BIOS modes for proper operation? I eventually want to put two more SATA drives in a RAID 0 configuration so I want to make this upgrade as painless as possible.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

ZZSpaceman

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Which SATA controller are your hard drives connected to, the Intel or the other one?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>