Look out

Folk,

after a slight drought I'm back reading newsgroups.

You have been warned!

Cheers,
Dunc
(aka Mad'Doug)
30 answers Last reply
More about look

    "Dunc" <dpstokes@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Folk,
    >
    > after a slight drought I'm back reading newsgroups.
    >
    > You have been warned!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Dunc
    > (aka Mad'Doug)

    Welcome back!

    Quick, someone hide the muffins :-)

    Ruben

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote

    >"Dunc" <dpstokes@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    >> Folk,
    >>
    >> after a slight drought I'm back reading newsgroups.
    >>
    >> You have been warned!
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Dunc
    >> (aka Mad'Doug)
    >
    >Welcome back!
    >
    >Quick, someone hide the muffins :-)

    There are muffins?
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    "jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message

    >>Quick, someone hide the muffins :-)
    >
    > There are muffins?

    BURP!
    Correction, there were muffins.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo Fury

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005, "Mark" wrote:

    >> "jerk-o" wrote

    >> > There are muffins?
    >>
    >> BURP!
    >> Correction, there were muffins.

    Lordy, first we had a luck thief, now we have a muffin thief, DON'T
    NOBODY lay a finger on my fudge!

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:50:18 +1200, Dunc <dpstokes@paradise.net.nz>
    wrote:

    >Folk,
    >
    >after a slight drought I'm back reading newsgroups.
    >
    >You have been warned!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Dunc
    >(aka Mad'Doug)

    Welcome back Dunc. :-)

    I think it was Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> that
    wrote something like...

    >On Wed, 07 Sep 2005, "Mark" wrote:
    >
    >>> "jerk-o" wrote

    >>> BURP!
    >>> Correction, there were muffins.
    >
    >Lordy, first we had a luck thief, now we have a muffin thief, DON'T
    >NOBODY lay a finger on my fudge!

    Oh, we've *always* had a muffin thief!

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote

    >On Wed, 07 Sep 2005, "Mark" wrote:
    >
    >>> "jerk-o" wrote

    >>> BURP!
    >>> Correction, there were muffins.
    >
    >Lordy, first we had a luck thief, now we have a muffin thief, DON'T
    >NOBODY lay a finger on my fudge!

    What about a hand that snatches? :-)
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
    http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
    -My Diablo 2 Mod
    -My theme song

    Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet>, in a display of leetness,
    fell down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at
    Baal...

    >Lordy, first we had a luck thief, now we have a muffin thief, DON'T
    >NOBODY lay a finger on my fudge!

    Mmmmmm, fudge!

    --
    Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
    CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet>, in a display of
    leetness,
    > fell down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash
    at
    > Baal...
    >
    > >Lordy, first we had a luck thief, now we have a muffin thief, DON'T
    > >NOBODY lay a finger on my fudge!
    >
    > Mmmmmm, fudge!

    Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    is, fried chicken? :)

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    >is, fried chicken? :)

    Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies are
    cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?

    --

    > "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs,
    > tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    > >Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    > >is, fried chicken? :)
    >
    > Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies
    are
    > cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?

    touchy...

    :)

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs,
    > tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    > >Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    > >is, fried chicken? :)
    >
    > Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies
    are
    > cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?

    Does that mean that cake is cake, ice cream is ice cream, donuts are
    Krispy Kreams too?

    wizofwas

    On 8-Sep-2005, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

    > Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies
    > are
    > cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?

    Is the speed of dark negative 186,000 miles per second? (since it retreats
    ahead of light)
    --
    Not 1337, 42.

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    >stairs,
    >> tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >>
    >> >Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    >> >is, fried chicken? :)
    >>
    >> Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies
    >are
    >> cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?
    >
    >touchy...

    I'm just plainly stating things, as the prior threads made it clear that our
    written communication skills can be pretty damn lacking.

    --

    "wizofwas" <wizofwas@nospamknology.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    >stairs,
    >> tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >>
    >> >Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    >> >is, fried chicken? :)
    >>
    >> Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies
    >are
    >> cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?
    >
    >Does that mean that cake is cake, ice cream is ice cream, donuts are
    >Krispy Kreams too?

    Yes on the first two, but I've never had a KK, so I can't comment on that.
    :-)

    --

    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >On 8-Sep-2005, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
    >
    >> Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies
    >> are
    >> cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?
    >
    >Is the speed of dark negative 186,000 miles per second? (since it retreats
    >ahead of light)

    How long is a piece of string?

    --
    Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
    CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote

    >"Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    >tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    >>Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    >>is, fried chicken? :)
    >
    >Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies are
    >cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?

    What if the fudge is packed?
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
    http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
    -My Diablo 2 Mod
    -My theme song

    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

    > "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    > tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    > >Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    > >is, fried chicken? :)
    >
    > Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies are
    > cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?

    What variation of sweet do you call "cookies" in the English-speaking
    world (as opposed to the American English-speaking world)? I thought all
    of what Americans refer to as cookies were biscuits to those using
    British English.

    All I can think of is the crispy ones are biscuits (like digestive
    biscuits) and the soft ones (like toll house cookies) are cookies?

    Personally, I don't care what you call them as long as someone offers me
    one with some tea.

    See, now, you've gone and made me hungry. Good thing I picked up a
    mighty packet of malted milk biscuits on the way home from work last
    night.

    Shari (Orchid)

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Ah, you're no fun. :)

    Yer damn skippy!

    --

    While pondering glazed doughnuts Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> mistakenly typed
    :
    : "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    : tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    :
    :>Hmm, since you call cookies biscuits, I wonder what your version of fudge
    :>is, fried chicken? :)
    :
    : Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies are
    : cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?
    :

    Where's the jello?
    -dave

    While pondering glazed doughnuts Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> mistakenly typed
    :
    : "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    : stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    :
    :>
    :>On 8-Sep-2005, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
    :>
    :>> Okay, one more time for the challenged... Biscuits are biscuits, cookies
    :>> are
    :>> cookies, muffins are muffins, fudge is fudge. Any more questions?
    :>
    :>Is the speed of dark negative 186,000 miles per second? (since it retreats
    :>ahead of light)
    :
    : How long is a piece of string?
    :
    :

    Fold string in half and measure. Double that number and there you have it.

    Didn't you have math down there?
    -dave

    poza@gol.com (Orchid), in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs, tripped
    over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >What variation of sweet do you call "cookies" in the English-speaking
    >world (as opposed to the American English-speaking world)? I thought all
    >of what Americans refer to as cookies were biscuits to those using
    >British English.

    >All I can think of is the crispy ones are biscuits (like digestive
    >biscuits) and the soft ones (like toll house cookies) are cookies?

    >Personally, I don't care what you call them as long as someone offers me
    >one with some tea.

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

    The titanic cookie versus biscuit debate rears its ugly head (don't forget
    muffin versus english muffin, too, that's a doozy). It's like Strafe versus
    Multiple Shot. Or Blizzard versus Frozen Orb. Or Hogan versus Andre the
    Giant. Or The Rock versus Austin. Or Jack Bauer versus The World. Or
    Buffy versus Spike (before he went all doe eyed)

    >See, now, you've gone and made me hungry. Good thing I picked up a
    >mighty packet of malted milk biscuits on the way home from work last
    >night.

    Mmmm, biscuits...

    --

    > poza@gol.com (Orchid), in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped
    > over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    > >What variation of sweet do you call "cookies" in the English-speaking
    > >world (as opposed to the American English-speaking world)? I thought all
    > >of what Americans refer to as cookies were biscuits to those using
    > >British English.
    >
    > >All I can think of is the crispy ones are biscuits (like digestive
    > >biscuits) and the soft ones (like toll house cookies) are cookies?
    >
    > >Personally, I don't care what you call them as long as someone offers me
    > >one with some tea.
    >
    > Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    >
    > The titanic cookie versus biscuit debate rears its ugly head (don't forget
    > muffin versus english muffin, too, that's a doozy). It's like Strafe
    versus
    > Multiple Shot. Or Blizzard versus Frozen Orb. Or Hogan versus Andre
    the
    > Giant. Or The Rock versus Austin. Or Jack Bauer versus The World. Or
    > Buffy versus Spike (before he went all doe eyed)

    muhahaha, you know you love it. :)

    On 9-Sep-2005, jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

    > What if the fudge is packed?

    Then it must be from Green Bay.
    (said the Chicago Bear fan)
    --
    Not 1337, 42.

    jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >What if the fudge is packed?

    Packed with all manner of fudgy goodness?

    --
    Death to barrels!

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote

    >jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    >tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    >>What if the fudge is packed?
    >
    >Packed with all manner of fudgy goodness?

    As long as I'm not the one packing the fudge, then yes.
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
    http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
    -My Diablo 2 Mod
    -My theme song

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >muhahaha, you know you love it. :)

    There's a fine line between love and hate...

    --
    Death to barrels!

    Dave Ryan <dryan@visi.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Where's the jello?

    Top shelf on the left.

    --
    Death to barrels!

    Dave Ryan <dryan@visi.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >: How long is a piece of string?

    >Fold string in half and measure. Double that number and there you have it.

    >Didn't you have math down there?

    Thanks! We've been wondering about that for a while.

    Okay, if a barrel explodes in the catacombs, does anyone loot it?

    --
    Death to barrels!

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote

    >Dave Ryan <dryan@visi.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    >tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    >>: How long is a piece of string?
    >
    >>Fold string in half and measure. Double that number and there you have it.
    >
    >>Didn't you have math down there?
    >
    >Thanks! We've been wondering about that for a while.
    >
    >Okay, if a barrel explodes in the catacombs, does anyone loot it?

    Depends on what drops.
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002