Sign in with
Your question

WTT COMPUTER for 600+ watt psu of good brand

Last response: in Deals
February 1, 2013 10:34:05 PM

I have a HP d530 CMT i would want to trade for a good quality PSU 600 watts or more. I may not make a deal; I am seeing what people offer right now. Thanks!
Specs;
Intel Pentium 4 HT at 3.0 GhZ
No HDD
ATI Rage 64MB (not sure if working. Integrated graphics do not work.)
CD Drive
Intel motherboard
240 Watt Power Supply (Original)
Has SATA I and IDE cable ports for HDD

February 2, 2013 1:44:24 AM

Nobody wants a computer for that old PSU they have lying around?
February 2, 2013 12:06:07 PM

The fact that the specs are really, really old makes me, personally turn it down, a good quality PSU is probably worth more than this atm.
Related resources
February 2, 2013 1:29:45 PM

The shipping on that system is going to cost more than buying a good quality 600W PSU - (ie. shipping for a 22x18x8 package weighing 25 - 40 Lbs. is around $30 ) So by the time you pack the thing up and pay to ship it your out more than if you just buy a new PSU.

As mentioned in your previous threads very few people have a use for an ancient P4 3Ghz. system with no HDD a 64MB video card that may\may not be working a generic 250W PSU that came with the system when it was new 4+ years ago etc. - and even fewer of those are going to have a spare 600+W namebrand PSU sitting around.

Figure your best bet is to save the $30 your gonna pay to ship that thing and get yourself a brand new PSU in the 450-600W range (The 4770 GPU your getting will run fine on any quality 450+W PSU !!) For example even this Corsair 430W builders series unit would be fine for a system using a 4770 and it is only $45 - $5 with the promo code through 02-07 so $40 out of pocket ($10 more than the shipping cost to trade your system) and then you get a $20 MIR so you get $20 of your $40 investment back in 3 months) making your actual cost $10 less than it is going to cost you to ship that ancient system to someone and get an old used PSU that has no warranty.

And that is just one example of the PSUs available out there if you just look around I'm sure you can find the same type of sale on others !
February 2, 2013 2:47:17 PM

Good idea! Close this thread please.
!