My luck is back

I have played far too much D2; the radiation from the screen must've
transformed me into a living SoJ magnet. ["Living" in the techical
sense. Not in the sense of having a life. Of course.] That's the only
explanation I can come up with. Last night, I found my *fourth* ladder
SoJ. WTF?! Not that I'm complaining, but... WTF?!

Further proof of playing too much: I went out of town for the weekend,
but I kept nervously wanting to return home and try out the Oculus I
found just before leaving (which ended a streak of absolutely no
luck). Naturally I spent far too much time MFing on the Monday and
Tuesday evenings, the highlights being those two more SoJs, a Harley
and a Lo rune. Plus a huge bunch of good stuff I'll never use, of
course (some skillers, Heaven's Light, Doombringer, some of those
exceptional class-specific uniques - but no HoZ - and so on). Now I
*have to* cut down gaming time; this is getting silly again.
6 answers Last reply
More about luck back

    Would you mind listing the areas that you are finding these silly
    little SoJ?

    Reg (who has only found 1 in all my travels)

    RegNitto <RegNitto@hotmail.com> kirjoitti:

    > Would you mind listing the areas that you are finding these silly
    > little SoJ?

    One from an afflicted on Andariel's level.

    One from Andariel.

    One from Mephisto.

    One... I can't remember anymore! I've found that many SoJs! Almost
    certainly Andariel, then; I would remember a nice jewelry drop from
    anywhere else. If you want SoJs, she's the one to run. I'm not
    specifically looking for SoJs, though, but she's also good for green
    amulets and dies sooooo nicely with fireball...

    > Reg (who has only found 1 in all my travels)

    I've only found one in LoD before these four.

    Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >I have played far too much D2; the radiation from the screen must've
    >transformed me into a living SoJ magnet. ["Living" in the techical
    >sense. Not in the sense of having a life. Of course.] That's the only
    >explanation I can come up with. Last night, I found my *fourth* ladder
    >SoJ. WTF?! Not that I'm complaining, but... WTF?!
    >
    >Further proof of playing too much: I went out of town for the weekend,
    >but I kept nervously wanting to return home and try out the Oculus I
    >found just before leaving (which ended a streak of absolutely no
    >luck). Naturally I spent far too much time MFing on the Monday and
    >Tuesday evenings, the highlights being those two more SoJs, a Harley
    >and a Lo rune. Plus a huge bunch of good stuff I'll never use, of
    >course (some skillers, Heaven's Light, Doombringer, some of those
    >exceptional class-specific uniques - but no HoZ - and so on). Now I
    >*have to* cut down gaming time; this is getting silly again.

    Dalai and I are having some good luck while refreshing non-ladder characters
    (Ohm and Mal over the last day or so). But four SOJs... damn. Since I'm
    a contractor, I have large blocks of time where I can pretty much play ALL DAY
    if I want to, and I've only found ONE SOJ in the history of the game. If
    you're getting these SOJs from something other than Andariel, I think I'll
    spit. :-)

    --
    Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
    CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    Hijack

    > Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL

    If you want to look over the AGD HC mules for some gear, let me know and
    I'll send you the details. Nothing great there, but certainly some useful
    stuff to get started.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo Fury

    Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >> Reg (who has only found 1 in all my travels)

    >I've only found one in LoD before these four.

    Run Kaytie, Run!

    --

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >RegNitto wrote:
    >> Would you mind listing the areas that you are finding these silly
    >> little SoJ?

    >> Reg (who has only found 1 in all my travels)

    >You've found one? The only time I found an SoJ was playing the Gemstone mod
    >and then I found plenty. Playing 'normal' LOD.... not a one.

    After a number of years of looking, I finally my one and only essojay out of
    Mephisto last year. 2007 is looking good for #2.

    --
    Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
    CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

Video Games