DRM locking out legitimate owners of EA games

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Legitimate owners of games like C&C 4 are getting locked out of their own game due to hardware changes, yes if your hard drive suddenly decides to die on you, your SOL because EA will NOT help you, i own a computer store and tried to help a few customers that had their hard drive fail on them after re-installing new OS and then game there is no way to re-activate the game due to drm which is hardware based lol.

So if your computer decides to give up on you and you buy a new one guess what you my friend are out of luck ,you will NOT be able to activate that game on another computer or a computer that has had parts changed ie. hard drive or motherboard cpu that means no upgrades with this drm.

After checking other posts on other websites users are now resorting to piracy to fix the problem with similar drm with red faction.

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/insane-pc-game-drm-drove-me-to-piracy.html

I hate DRM.
DRM is actually meant to prevent legitimate buyers to play the games they have legally bought with their hard earned money and teaching them to start learning how to use pirated products for free.
Illegal gamers don't have this problem, they just have to wait about a month untill the games are cracked.

BTW : isamuelson, your pics is funny :D