Cyberpower v. Hypersonic DTR notebook

c_rex

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
I just read the review regarding the DTR notebooks with the Go6800's and thought I'd drop my comment. After a month of analyzing the available systems I decided to order the Cyberpower version of the mac daddy (LGA 775 P4 3.8 proc) mostly because of the price/value. As the article states you can no longer find this config on the Cyberpower website.

I tried to justify the spanky paint job on the Hypersonic but I just couldn't do it ($400 for the paint alone). I'm pleased to see that my selection fell right in line with what I expected for performance/dollar. However, (there's always a 'however') I ordered my system on January 21st, paid in full up front. The Cyberpower website shows my expected ship date as Feb 4, and at the time of this writing 17 Feb Cyberpower is backordered on the Go6800 vid card with no expected date of arrival. I'm seriously considering yanking my order and giving in to the needlessness of the cool orange paint job if for no other reason than I needed that system when I ordered it nearly a month ago. The ambiguity of it's arrival is something I did not plan on paying for, nor does absence make the heart grow fonder.

I also considered the Sager, Prostar, Eurocom, Extreme Notebooks, and Puget Systems versions. Price became the dominating factor in my decision as there were some limited time offers available when I ordered my system. This not being the case I think my hindsight would have me choose otherwise. When will someone figure out that time travel thing?

c_rex

RichPLS

Champion
Cyberpower looks like a good product at good prices.
I would be worried also if they are not being upfront with delivery promises.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

SMC1048576

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
yea I had almost the same problem you describe... I really really wanted one of the bada$$ looking paintjobs via the hypersonic, however 400 bucks.. oh momma, thats alot of waisted coin!

Now the new dell is here and im stuck in a hole trying to figure out what way to go on the new notebook purchase :)