Sign in with
Your question

Fps

Last response: in Video Games
April 6, 2010 12:34:41 PM

Hello,
What is currently the best fps. That is based on the singleplayer mode only. It can have multiplayer but the multiplayer shouldnt be the main thing. Main thing should be the single player story.

More about : fps

April 6, 2010 1:19:22 PM

No idea, its a matter of taste. Frankly, every FPS since Doom feels exactly the same to me...[Seriously, theres WAY too many of them...]
April 6, 2010 3:31:34 PM

When it comes to FPS story's it is a mixed bag of anything you want it to be.

Metro 2033 is supposed to be really good and is VERY graphical. I believe it sort of branches off of Fallout.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is REALLY popular and form what I hear very good. My buddy played both Fallout3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and loved them both. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is out now and is really good from what I hear.
Related resources
April 6, 2010 8:12:42 PM

Original Far Cry!
Best FPS single player that I have ever played. The story is superior to any other game, its such a deep game and they put so much work into the storyline.
The graphics are fantastic also
April 6, 2010 8:19:52 PM

Are you looking at a sandbox style game, or more of a directed FPS game?

I never finished the original FarCry single player, I got to wrapped up in the multiplayer :-(
April 6, 2010 8:24:41 PM

Aww, truthfully that is the only game that i thought the single player was the very best part.
April 7, 2010 9:46:21 AM

But like rankings wise ? I dont know I came upon metacritic. Then there were 5 or 6 games that is on 96. - average score - I thing it was orangebox,hl2,bioshock,the original half life. Which one of those are the better single player game.
April 7, 2010 1:28:35 PM

Metro 2033 is good but very on-a-rail and scripted.

Bioshock is a good one.

Crysis Warhead is a great FPS

STALKER is only for FPS junkies like me :D 

Doom3 still gets played sometimes

Aliens Vs Predator 3 is a good game if not a little short.
April 7, 2010 1:33:33 PM

RickyT23 said:

Doom3 still gets played sometimes

This was the first game I ever played that I couldn't play with the lights off. I think I almost pooped myself a few times from things jumping out at me. It's an older game, but it is good.
!