v710 features

Can you download photo's off of the phone with cable, or
do you need to use the email feature that has a cost for
each pic from Verizon?

Carl

I just got the last v710 from radioshack. I havn't been able to use
the Media Tools over a USB cable. I had to buy the Phone Tools from
motorola, but there is no media icon as described in the manual. The
manual speaks of a media center that allows the edit and transfer of
MP3s, Video, and pictures. There is a memory expansion slot. You
could always save the info to the memory card and extract it through
some other device. I plan to call Motorola Support but I don't think
a phone actualy ever rings there. I would guess the Mobile Phone
Tools software guys are behind schedule and it will be available in a
live update. Other then that the phone is solid.

EntDevGuy

I got this response from Motorola on the subject:

Q:
Why doesn't the version of Mobile Phone Tools 2.0 which installs for
the v710 support the multimedia center to transfer ringtomes, images?

Motorola E-mail Support 08/21/2004:
"I regret to let you know that, at this time, the V710 does not
support multimedia applications via Mobile Phone Tools. However, a fix
has been identified and will be available to Verizon customers
approximately within 45 to 60 days. This timeframe is not construed to
be guarantee."

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

And how will we obtain this "fix"?

"WestonBeach" <nospam@westonbeach.com> wrote in message
> I got this response from Motorola on the subject:
>
> Q:
> Why doesn't the version of Mobile Phone Tools 2.0 which installs for
> the v710 support the multimedia center to transfer ringtomes, images?
>
> Motorola E-mail Support 08/21/2004:
> "I regret to let you know that, at this time, the V710 does not
> support multimedia applications via Mobile Phone Tools. However, a fix
> has been identified and will be available to Verizon customers
> approximately within 45 to 60 days. This timeframe is not construed to
> be guarantee."

Scott

A new phone firmware version is in the works but will likely take longer
than 60 days. Verizon is very picky and likes to put firmware through
thorough testing first. Expect 90 days to be more realistic.

Also, Mot will be releasing MPT 3.0 soon and for users of MPT 2.x they will
be permitted to download a free upgrade.

"Brad" <me@here.invalid> wrote in message
> And how will we obtain this "fix"?
>
> "WestonBeach" <nospam@westonbeach.com> wrote in message
>> I got this response from Motorola on the subject:
>>
>> Q:
>> Why doesn't the version of Mobile Phone Tools 2.0 which installs for
>> the v710 support the multimedia center to transfer ringtomes, images?
>>
>> Motorola E-mail Support 08/21/2004:
>> "I regret to let you know that, at this time, the V710 does not
>> support multimedia applications via Mobile Phone Tools. However, a fix
>> has been identified and will be available to Verizon customers
>> approximately within 45 to 60 days. This timeframe is not construed to
>> be guarantee."

"Verizon is very picky and likes to put firmware through thorough testing
first."

Ya could have fooled me on that-- Picky is never a term I have used to describe
Verizon--

entdevguy@hotmail.com (Endo) wrote in message news:<e7657818.0408032010.ff6987f@posting.google.com>...
> I just got the last v710 from radioshack. I havn't been able to use
> the Media Tools over a USB cable. I had to buy the Phone Tools from
> motorola, but there is no media icon as described in the manual. The
> manual speaks of a media center that allows the edit and transfer of
> MP3s, Video, and pictures. There is a memory expansion slot. You
> could always save the info to the memory card and extract it through
> some other device. I plan to call Motorola Support but I don't think
> a phone actualy ever rings there. I would guess the Mobile Phone
> Tools software guys are behind schedule and it will be available in a
> live update. Other then that the phone is solid.
>
> EntDevGuy

Lots of good info, hacks, including speakerphone and advanced testmode
commands for the 710.

Nuclear Elephant: Motorola v710 Info + Rant Page

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html