Your question

Windows7 why pinnacle studio not working

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2010 12:29:34 PM

Hello,

dear sir
i am facinf one problem in pinnacle studio 9.3 in windows xp the software running fine but in windows 7 video files are ont play but the sound is coming
a b $ Windows 7
September 6, 2010 2:36:35 PM

Your Pinnacle Studio 9.3 isn't working because it is very old, does not run on Windows 7, and is no longer supported by it's manufacturer. The current version is 14, which works fine.
September 9, 2010 7:33:33 PM

Quote:
Hello,

dear sir
i am facinf one problem in pinnacle studio 9.3 in windows xp the software running fine but in windows 7 video files are ont play but the sound is coming

First check with the software manufacturer to see if there is a fix of some sort.

Anyway, a number of programs out there do not work on Windows 7, though they work on Windows XP. There are a number of workarounds including:

- Use virtual machine technology i.e. run a Windows XP virtual machine on top of Windows 7 and run the program on the virtual machine. Windows 7 Professional has a virtual machine you can download which includes a licensed copy of Windows XP. Install and run the software in the Windows XP virtual machine.

- Dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7. That is: one computer with two separate installations of Windows. Install XP first, then install Windows 7 on a separate harddrive partition.

- Two computers - one running Windows XP and the other Windows 7

If the program makes high demands on the system, a dual boot is better than a virtual machine. If the program makes only medium and low demands, then a virtual machine is adequate. Two computers can be made to share a single monitor, keyboard, and mouse by utilizing a KVM switch (which makes working with two computers much more convenient).

'Hope this helps,
LS
!