Is Badcompany 2 multiplayer any good?

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Yes the online is fantastic. There are quite a few people here who play it actually. The online community is good as long as you are in a good server haha many times i end up in a server where everyone scatters out on their own without any teamwork. But they did such a good job on the point/XP system too. Many weapons and gadgeta to unlock also

ulysses35

Distinguished
Basic game play on line is good - however there are some issues....

1) Random spawn = result in being spawned very close to the enemy causing frequent instant deaths

2) Long delays waiting to spawn..... zzzzz

3) Naff starting weapons, so the long term online gamer who has the game for a few weeks picks you off from the other side of the map easily

4) No "Prone" position.... so if you are a sniper type of person the best you can do is crouch

Having played the game for a while now I find it frustrating at times and often get fed up waiting to spawn before switching of and heading off to play MW2 instead

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

1) are you kidding me!? its YOU that chooses where you spawn, so dont blame the game

2) yea, so then there are real battles and not spawnfests with constant spawnkilling

3) yea its called a SCOPE

4)Sniping is lethal enough, prone would make it stupidly unfair.

PLEASE go back to CoD if you are going to whine about these things.

@Spinach, this is no time for jokes ;)

HERE HERE ! +1

1)I like the random spawn or base spawn option. You can also spawn out of the ass of a squad member which makes you chuckle once when you start playing. You literally spawn right behind any player on your squad. If you are recon i like to spawn back a ways.

2) Yeah longer spawn waits are not new to the battlefield games. Otherwise you could constantly spawn out the ass of your squad member. This isn't COD.

3) Ummmm yeah it is called a scope. My fave sniper rifle is the M24 which is what you start with. There ARE alot of guns to unlock, but you don't start with a squirt gun.

4) If you could prone in this game, and had a Gilly suit on you would dissapear in the woods. They did this to give everyone a change. It is hard enough picking out the recon guys hiding in trees and bushes.... and yes you can find your way into the top of some trees. I do wish they had a toggle crouch though. It gets old holding the button.

This game was TOTALLY refreshing from Modern Warfare 2. I've playd COD4 and WaW and liked them both, but MW2 was full of hacks and the hosting is more than annoying. I gave up after 2 months of dealing with the hackers.

I love the battlefield games. 2142 paid for itself over and over again. I played it for years. BC2 is very cooperative and isn't a run and gun. If you don't use your kits how they are intended or at least create your own uses for them, you will have issues. People camping with a sniper rifle does get old, but you know what? running around the boarder of a map with an automatic shotgun picking them off over and over is very fulfilling. :D The melee attach is MUCH more realistic, no darting 12 feet to stab someone because of some magical perk. No calling in a nuke, helecopters, bombers, or other auto kill killstreak awards. You get a mortar strike with the recon kit and the UAV calls in a single hellfire missle attack, that is all. You actually have to kill people in this game with your own gun. You still get the good ol noob tubers, but you know what, you only have so many grenades and it takes a few seconds to reload in which case, you better have killed me or you're dead.

If you can't tell I like this game alot. It has alot of directions you can approach the game at. You can be a sniper and use the recon kit all the time. You can be an engineer and repair stuff, shoot rockets, and plant AT mines to blow stuff up. You can be assult and run around with a rifle and grenade launcher, or medic with a medic pack and belt fed LMG. You can jump on a quad, in a truck, tank, armored vehicle, attack chopper, blackhawk with mini guns out the side, a 50 call turret, tow missile launcher, and I can't even remember what else.

It's fun. Much more fun than any COD game. unless you just like to run and gun. Then stick with COD. alot of console people don't like this game because I think there is to much for them to do with a little game pad, it's to much. Not for PC gamers, we love this crap.

my handle is MIKE R0WE if you need someone to squad up with. (the 0 in R0WE is a zero)

I had the best round of RUSH this afternoon when i got home form work. I was 65/35. (kills/deaths). The next most kills was 35. I was called a cheater.... I laughed, because if I played well enough to be called a cheater, that's awesome. I think it's funny becase at the beginning of the round 2 people were kicked by punkbuster for AIMBOT. haha it even says it on the screen to everyone. It was a long rush game actually maybe 45 minutes. The M416 is evil in closer combat, my noob tube, grenade, and knife were ALLL used to their full potential. That was a great round. COD never made me fell that good :D

BC2 is probably the best online FPS of all time right now. It takes what other games have done (Rush mode is clearly influenced by CS:S, for instance), and improves upon it.

Just remember, BC2 is more open then CoD and other games like it, so it takes some getting used to. This is not run and gun; you actually have to think about where you postition yourself on the map.

I wouldn't go as saying it is the BEST of all time. There have been games in the past that of the time were better. If they had upgraded graphics and such would probably be better. But at the present, I would say it is the best NEW online FPS game. I think BF2142 was a better game in itself, it was larger, and larger squads with a commander as well. Titan matches were always SO fun. BC2 is on a smaller scale, however it is not to small. It is he right size for the maps they provide.

It is a tactical cooperative game, which alot of PC people like. I've played the PS3 demo for BC2 and the graphics really aren't that great and the controls are hard because SO much is going on. That is why I think it has so much more attention in the PC realm.

HAHA i feel the same way. I only play at night before bed so the sun isn't up. However, I do fine the late nights and lack of sleep downer the next day at work. Then I am tired and don't want to hit the gym after. Stupid computer games. :D

tuffluck

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
how old are you guys? did any of you play CS (not source) when it was popular? what about the original quake even? BF:BC2 doesn't come anywhere close.

i think the beginner guns are TERRIBLE. the people that have leveled up a lot have a huge advantage over the people that just started. i also find that the learning curve is pretty significant. i have played many first person shooter games in the past and for some reason you aim at people's heads in this game and hit them 30% of the time. my friend agrees with me exactly on this.

i have been playing BF:BC2 for a couple of weeks now and while i have gotten better, i still feel like i haven't mastered the art of how to aim at people and even when i do get lucky and hit them, their guns are 10x more powerful than mine. the guys on here saying it's awesome are probably the guys that bought this on opening day and started playing multiplayer while everyone was on the same beginner level, and now they are on the advanced levels and kill everyone with ease.

the saving grace of the game is flying the helicopter, riding in the tank, or getting a 4-wheeler. overall i would give the game a C+.

29. I never got into SC or the original quake. I was big into RTS for a while, and then went to FPS. I played some of the old Half life and Far Cry (ALOT).

I bought the game 2-3 weeks after it came out and there were people already past level 20. There is a learning curve to the game and you have to figure out how everything works, tanks, vehicles, UAV, guns, etc. Alot of people use the recon kits and that is all they use and get deadly accurate with the sniper rifles. They know how much each one drops at what distance. I have played every kit evenly and am trying to unlock all items. There ARE advantages that you have when unlocking items. Magnum rounds help alot and are more powerful. Like I said I still love the m24 sniper rifle you originally get, and I have alot of kills with it. I also used alot of the original guns until I got fither and unlocked some of the more interesting weapons. the M416 is awesome and G3 as well. I think my k/d ration started around .50 and as I have been playing it's worked it's way up gradually. I find myself being over 1.00 in games more and more. I am now at .94 k/d. You can't expect to jump in and be Mr. Awesome right off the bat. I think I'm pretty decent at FPS and it was nice to have to actually learn a bunch of stuff. Certain maps work best with certain kits as well. The vehicle maps are full of engineers and snipers. less open maps are assault and medics.

tuffluck

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

CS was great because you BOUGHT guns, didn't have to level up. i think the leveling-up idea is terrible, because obviously people with more experience already have experience as their advantage, why do they get weapons as their advantage as well?

i do think what you said makes sense though, i guess the thing about FPS games is the ability to get on, play for an hour, and get off. don't have to spend weeks trying to get good first. at least that's the appeal i always found in the games like that. for that reason, BF:BC2 fails, because it does require such a learning curve, and the leveling-up is, whether you like it or not, unfair.

for me, personally, i will probably not play this game much longer. i work 8 hours a day and have other stuff going on in my life. the learning curve is so steep that the hour or two i play on the game here and there really is me just dying and not doing anything fun in the games, and that gets old quick. that's just coming from me, a guy who likes games like TF2 for their simplicity. of course, i am also a Starcraft fan, but at least that playing strategy is even.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Okay. I'm sold. Best Buy has it on sale today for $39.99. Gonna go get it right now!!!

BTW, PC Gamer states that the copy protection is a disk check or online activation on up to 10 machines. Is that a max of 10 installs on the same machine or you can activate it on 10 different machines, but you can activate it as much on each machine? Just want to make sure. Don't like the limited installs stuff considering I sometimes like to reinstall Windows once in awhile to just clean up the gunk that accumulates.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Wait...you paid real money for them or earned fake cash in the game?

They made the unlocks come so fast though you don't need 50 hours of play to get decent guns. I think it was smart to do it that way. It hooks people early in the game to be on the quest for unlocks. I think they also did well with balancing the weapons within each kit. There isn't really one gun that is the ultimate killing machine that EVERYONE uses (excluding the gustav and M60 though), rather, each gun has a unique perk like a higher firing rate or better accuracy. I find that I am exploring all of the guns in the kit and finding that each one has a solid purpose. It isn't like you unlock one and never have a use for the others.

A good example is the F2000 in the assult kit. I hardly ever used that gun because it has no stopping power. Now that I am tuning in my aim to headshots, I am finding that the accuracy and aim on the F2000 makes it to be an excellent head hunting gun with the right scope.

It doesn't fail, it is just a game you aren't willing to put time into. REALLY, there isn't a STEEP learning curve, it is like any other FPS, you have to learn the maps and how to use the tools given to you. And like I said, sure as you play you get cool stuff to use, but they don't start you off with sticks and stones.

$39.99. That is just FREAKIN' awesome. I am willing to bet they will pick up alot of people with this offer. I got mine off Newegg for $47 and was the limited edition that gave you a few items to unlock off the bat, which I never even used. haha.

Yes, when you activate the game during install it asks you if you want to go one of two routes as you mentioned. I hate loading a disk so I picked the 10 installs. I have NEVER had to load a game this many times. even after reloading a system a few times. The 10 different machines, means just that. I have this loaded on my PC and my parents laptop for when I visit there. Once loaded you don't need the disk anymore. Now I am not sure if that means you can load it on 3 times over on the same machine if it craps out and it counts as 1 or if that still counts as 3. That I don't know, however, i am not concerned.

Right on. I do notice alot of M60 users. It is a crazy gun when you couple it with a red dot and magnum rounds. The box of ammo lasts a pretty long time. I feel like RAMBO with it sometimes RAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

My new found fav is the M416 it is awesome at moderately close range. The AN-94 is sweet as well with 3 round bursts and a nice range. However, close up it is lacking because of the fire rate. As Spinach said, they all have good attributes and bad. I like to use all of them and try them out. The Squad rush is fun if you don't want mayhem. 4 on 4 can be a good way to get used to your items.