Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming HeadSet

Last response: in Video Games
April 9, 2010 12:40:34 AM

Hello. I am looking for a gaming headset that is not only comfortable but affordable.

The headset needs:

- a microphone. I need to be able to communicate with fellow gamers. It needs to be a clear crisp microphone.

- long cord (So I am able to move from my computer to my bed and listen to music without disturbing room mates) So approximately 8 feet (or 96 inches) of cord to lay comfortably in my bed.

-Comfortable. I hate buying really expensive headset's to not have them be comfortable.

-Adjustable. So i can fit them to my head.

-No more than 35 dollars.

----------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time out of your internet browsing experience to take a look at my post, and if you help me thank you in advance.

More about : gaming headset

April 9, 2010 1:16:30 AM

Thats alot to ask for spending 30 bux (tax is the rest)
April 9, 2010 3:34:42 AM

Yeah I know. That's why I came to you guys. I know you guys on this forum are at the best of what you do.
Related resources
April 9, 2010 2:52:48 PM

I guess it doesn't have to be under 35. The price can get to a bit more expensive. Just not to 100 dollars.
April 9, 2010 3:20:40 PM

I took a look at the customer reviews for them. A lot complained about them hurting their ears. So it makes me not want to buy them. That is one of the reason's I want a new headset. The one I use now hurts my ears so much I can't wear them more than an hour.

a b 4 Gaming
April 9, 2010 3:33:51 PM

sunnyangel37 said:
I took a look at the customer reviews for them. A lot complained about them hurting their ears. So it makes me not want to buy them. That is one of the reason's I want a new headset. The one I use now hurts my ears so much I can't wear them more than an hour.

I've worn these things for hours on end. The only time anything hurt was my head form hearing to many explosions. I guess is you have a large head or big ears it might cause issues. I dunno. I like them alot.
April 9, 2010 3:35:48 PM

Nah. Its just my headset now is just horrible. The cushion that's suppose to be protecting your ears are no longer there. X[ Thus the pain
a b 4 Gaming
April 9, 2010 3:37:48 PM

These muffs fit your ears inside so the padding is really against your head, which I like compared to my old set that the cushion sat on my ear. It was just a suggestion.
April 9, 2010 3:39:09 PM

Thanks so much for even taking the time to look at my thread <3 I appreciate it so much.
a b 4 Gaming
April 9, 2010 3:43:45 PM

A good way to check them out is to go to a large retailer that has them on display and look over them.

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
April 9, 2010 8:29:18 PM

I think what you're looking for might be impossible to find under 35$...

However, the Sennheiser PC 161 seems to receive a lot of praise (even though I never tried them) and it seems to be everything you're looking for, it has a 10 feet cord, comfortable, good mic etc... The bad news is that you will have to shell out more cash than you originally planned to:

http://www.katerno.com/detail.php?s=23318

There is also the Razer Carcharias that is more expensive than what you wanted to pay, but it also has the 10 feet cord + the reviews say they're very comfortable:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Otherwise, jay2tall's suggestion to go to a retailer and try some of them is a pretty good idea.

Good luck!
a b 4 Gaming
April 9, 2010 8:41:30 PM

Oups, just realized the PC 161 is back-order on katerno.com and it seems to be at least 20$ more expensive with other resellers. For about the same price I think I would go with the Razer.

However, if you wish to pay a little less, there are the Sennheiser PC 151:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
April 16, 2010 2:20:57 PM

Best answer selected by sunnyangel37.
!