Definition needed: Closed realm?

I've heard a few different termed uses for realms. What does "closed
realm" mean? I assume it's a ladder realm (not non ladder) on bnet
where you can't move your player between single player and bnet?

Thanks for any clarification.

high

HGHLNDR wrote:
> I've heard a few different termed uses for realms. What does "closed
> realm" mean? I assume it's a ladder realm (not non ladder) on bnet
> where you can't move your player between single player and bnet?
>
> Thanks for any clarification.

No, closed means that BNET saves the character data. You can play on
open bnet, but those are chars saved on your own computer (in the SAVE
directory of the Diablo II folder), which are VERY easy to hack.

Mickey

WhiteDog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003

"HGHLNDR" <hghlndrNOTRASH!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've heard a few different termed uses for realms. What does "closed
> realm" mean? I assume it's a ladder realm (not non ladder) on bnet
> where you can't move your player between single player and bnet?

Actually ladder and non-ladder play both occur on the closed realms. Closed
Realm is just the fancy name for what most people consider normal realm
play.

Open play isn't something many people do. You log onto bnet with your
single player charcters, which are saved on your computer, rather than on
bnet like closed realms.