Crysis 2!

Last response: in Video Games
April 9, 2010 2:24:10 PM

http://www.sosnewyork.com/

View the awesome trailer!:D 

Release date wasn't exactly given, but it said holiday 2010

More about : crysis

April 9, 2010 4:55:04 PM

Umm...hate to be the first but that is a horrible trailer. Definitely looks cool because it is in a new setting but it looked like every other game trailer that starts out in a run down city with creepy music. Is Crysis trying to go to a scary horror game now? I don't get it...
April 9, 2010 6:33:02 PM

They wanna have better story than the first Crysis. Crysis 1 was just like benchmark for gaming and enthusiast PC's and there was really little ammount of people who cared about the actual game (the story, campaing). But the fun in Crysis 1 was the Nanosuit.

I dunno if there actually WAS a trailer for Crysis 1? I liked that "intro" when they're showing a cut to present the Nanosuit, but there was no trailer about the story in the first game.

Also, the new Nanosuit 2.0 will feature two "main" modes: Armor and Cloak. There are going to be "secondary modes" for each of the two primary.

All in all, i expect better story from Crysis 2. About the gfx in the game, i'll be happy if it's just 10-15% improved, but a LOT more optimized. And if the gfx look like the trailer (which i highly doubt, might be like hat in the PC version though;)) and optimized, there will be only one word: wOw!:D 
Related resources
April 9, 2010 7:20:02 PM

I hate those graphics. I can see the use of testalasation (or whatever it's called) but the this thing is restricted due to the darn consoles. This thing makes me think of the Fallout 3 trailer for some reason at the end i was all like:
WAR...war never changes
April 9, 2010 9:47:36 PM

Yeah thats the one....it looked just like fallout trailers. Maybe a little like Bioshock-ish with the little girl voice...

Edit: I watched it again.....it is just...out of place. And why is the nano suit guy such a tank now? I am just expecting a little girl with a red balloon to walk out and start holding the dudes hand...
April 9, 2010 10:29:38 PM

SpinachEater said:
Yeah thats the one....it looked just like fallout trailers. Maybe a little like Bioshock-ish with the little girl voice...

Edit: I watched it again.....it is just...out of place. And why is the nano suit guy such a tank now? I am just expecting a little girl with a red balloon to walk out and start holding the dudes hand...

Rapture...Rapture never changes
Yep wheres my benchmarking game? Docent look like that one will cut it....
Don't know but it's like Fallshock 9 (i don't know why but it's like District 9 a bit).
April 9, 2010 10:36:55 PM

Also what happened to the modern city from GDC 2009?
April 10, 2010 8:21:58 AM

SpinachEater said:

Yo mean why it's a "fat guy"? Because he wears Nanosuit 2.0. Yeah with the 2.0 ver. Nomad looks like he has 110 kilos:p 
April 10, 2010 1:34:07 PM

Last week play.com had crysis 2 down for end of June now its got it as 29/10/10. :( 
April 10, 2010 1:55:44 PM

Oh thats Nomad? I thought they were putting Mark McGwire in the second one....
April 10, 2010 2:14:44 PM

SpinachEater said:
Oh thats Nomad? I thought they were putting Mark McGwire in the second one....

Yeah well i assume it's Nomad. In the GDC 2010 Crysis 2 Demo they showed Prophet, also in Suit 2.0. I dunno what's up with Psycho, nor Helena, and how did they got Prophet out of the sphere.

Also on the trailer the alliens look VERY different from Crysis 1. I think they said Crysis 2 was placed in 2023, while Crysis 1 was placed in 2019 i think. So, 4 years have passed since then.

I think Crysis 2 trailer left some questions unanswered. :??: 
April 10, 2010 2:47:55 PM

Crap not another mystery trailer this is starting to get bland well i cant talk until it's out.
April 11, 2010 10:46:35 AM

unknown_13 said:
Yeah well i assume it's Nomad. In the GDC 2010 Crysis 2 Demo they showed Prophet, also in Suit 2.0. I dunno what's up with Psycho, nor Helena, and how did they got Prophet out of the sphere.

Also on the trailer the alliens look VERY different from Crysis 1. I think they said Crysis 2 was placed in 2023, while Crysis 1 was placed in 2019 i think. So, 4 years have passed since then.

I think Crysis 2 trailer left some questions unanswered. :??: 

According to Wikipedia, Crytek said that Nomad won't have the N2 and will be hunted down by N2ers.

I must say that I'm VERY disappointed with that trailer. The first thing that entered my mind was "What $#!+ graphics, and those new aliens look like Deceptacons!" followed by the Fallout 3 trailer.

It looks like the graphics have taken a backwards step from the original (the blood splatter isn't as clear - minor detail). The Nanosuit and skin textures aren't as rich, and I could ramble on forever about that trailer and its lack of graphic quality.

I would like to compliment Crytek however, on the real-world tactic that the soldier used when he stared into Death's face by pulling that grenade; a very real war tactic.

Fingers crossed that it was just a poorly made/rushed trailer.
April 11, 2010 11:41:04 AM

rider_eragon said:
According to Wikipedia, Crytek said that Nomad won't have the N2 and will be hunted down by N2ers.

I must say that I'm VERY disappointed with that trailer. The first thing that entered my mind was "What $#!+ graphics, and those new aliens look like Deceptacons!" followed by the Fallout 3 trailer.

It looks like the graphics have taken a backwards step from the original (the blood splatter isn't as clear - minor detail). The Nanosuit and skin textures aren't as rich, and I could ramble on forever about that trailer and its lack of graphic quality.

I would like to compliment Crytek however, on the real-world tactic that the soldier used when he stared into Death's face by pulling that grenade; a very real war tactic.

Fingers crossed that it was just a poorly made/rushed trailer.

Hopefully that's the console version if not this game won't be worth it.
April 11, 2010 11:46:23 AM

Quote:

I just reread the entry. I think it means that Nomand shouldn't be wearing the N2, not that he doesn't have one. Can anyone clarify?

My bad.
April 11, 2010 12:05:43 PM

rider_eragon said:
Quote:

I just reread the entry. I think it means that Nomand shouldn't be wearing the N2, not that he doesn't have one. Can anyone clarify?

My bad.

I guess not because little is know about the story.
April 11, 2010 1:54:34 PM

What, you mean Nomad will wear Nanosuit 1? aaargh! :fou: 

Prophet will wear Suit 2.0? What about Psycho? Then if you play through the campaing as Nomad, how the hell are you going to play with Suit 2.0?!?!?!? :??: 

April 11, 2010 2:58:17 PM

unknown_13 said:

Prophet will wear Suit 2.0? What about Psycho? Then if you play through the campaing as Nomad, how the hell are you going to play with Suit 2.0?!?!?!? :??: 

What i meant is i don't know not a lot of info has been released about the story.
April 11, 2010 5:24:22 PM

Userremoved said:
What i meant is i don't know not a lot of info has been released about the story.

Sorry BAN i was talking about rider_eragon's post
April 11, 2010 7:28:48 PM

unknown_13 said:
Sorry BAN i was talking about rider_eragon's post

Woops sorry.
April 11, 2010 10:37:39 PM

unknown_13 said:

I think we're all making the same mistake. Upon another read, I interpreted it as he shouldn't be wearing it (but he is) and Crynet Systems are hunting him down because of it.
April 12, 2010 6:57:00 AM

C'mon guys...give a chance 2 crytek. I'm sure they'l do justice 2 this sequel ...
April 12, 2010 12:01:46 PM

rider_eragon said:
I think we're all making the same mistake. Upon another read, I interpreted it as he shouldn't be wearing it (but he is) and Crynet Systems are hunting him down because of it.

Now if that's true it'll be great:D 

edit: @ userremoved aka BAN - my mistake i didn't quoted rider_eragon's first post:) 
April 12, 2010 2:15:36 PM

I am pretty neutral when it comes to Crysis. I don't love it and I don't hate it. I am just poking fun at how non-Crysis the trailer was. I bet the game will be pretty entertaining but it looks like EA is trying to make Crysis more mainstream so that it competes in the console world. I smell a total cliche sell out but I won't judge before it comes out :) 
!