What's the Verizon software upgrade number?

* something or other...in the Washington, DC, area, if that matters.

Anyone?

Thanks!
--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -

    *228

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:06:33 -0400, "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >*228

    Or to bypass the menu prompts, *22890

    Evan

    In article <6fl0h0h0cdqpe6r06ott4c3e0f79dl9lug@4ax.com>,
    Evan Platt <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:
    >On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:06:33 -0400, "Brian S." <deadhead73@comcast.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>*228
    >
    >Or to bypass the menu prompts, *22890

    Huh??? Phone software can only be upgraded by taking the phone to a
    Verizon Wireless store which has the appropriate cable and PC application
    for that particular model of phone.

    *228 just updates the roaming info (PRL) and optionally programs the
    phone number and other configuration info into the phone.

Verizon Software Internet Service Providers