Where/How to put Temp Sensors

Iron_Chef

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2004
Just putting together a new machine, and the Antec p160 cas comes with 2 flat style temp sensors.
So where is the best place for them? (Thinking the Video Card (9800pro), HD's (SATA barracudas)?
&
What the best way to install them in those locations?
( I would guess just alittle elec. tape ?)
Thanks for the help (as always) & Sorry if this post is not in the exact right board but it I was not wuite sure where to put it ;)
Cheers

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've always put mine in the CPU heatsink in a slot of the sink material as close to the actual chip as possible and hold it in with some high temp silicone adhesive/sealer that I get at PEP boys or somewhere that sells automotive stuff.
Just a little dab holds it in and keeps the breeze from cooling the temp for a more accurate read.
I also monitor the video card cause very few factory assemblages have the heatsink compound properly applied and the heatsink actually touching the gpu ok.

Good Luck,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

Iron_Chef

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2004
Thanks for the tip,
Any suggestions for ahearing the sensor, (like to the back PCB of a Graphics card behind the GPU, or a hard drive?)

Cheers