Nintendo wii Disc read error

martinflores0

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Hi I have a wii that is 3 years old and has expired warranty. My wii has suddenly just stopped reading disks like 3 months ago.It only reads Game cube games. If i put in a wii game it will show the title then win i press start, it looks like its loading then a weird clicking noise and BOOM disk read error happens Is the problem he leaser lens or the whole dvd drive. Pleas help i don't feel like paying 95 bucks to get it fixed at Nintendo when i can fix it my self.thank you

rattman169

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
same happened to me, first one or two games, then more and more. Made a loud whizzing sound and black screen saying read error, this is the drive motor, cost me $100 to replace, fixed problem.

martinflores0

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010

whitch motor was it ,THEIRS THREE !

rattman169

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
not sure, but would not read Super Mario galaxy and Wii Sports at first, then all games would not load, made loud noise when game disc inserted and then it would load, you would choose it, the game screen would load then when you clicked start the black screen would come up and say disc error, please insert "****" game disc and that's all it would do with every game, the company said they changed the "drive motor for disc reading" and since then had no problems with any games and no more noise. (My son was playing 6 hours a day everyday for over a year before it died)