tommybally

Distinguished
May 18, 2004
I just bought a new ASUS P4T533 and a PowerLeap PL-iP4. I plan on buying 1GB of pc1066 to use with this board and a new Bios from Mr.Bios so that I may run Hyper Threading cpu's, with the adapter of course. My question is has any one ever tried this type of setup before and worked? Mr.Bios techs tell me that with the new bios, I can run any and all 478pin cpu's.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wait a minute: RAMBUS boards already support HT, and PC1066 is the proper RAM to run with a 533 bus P4, the board should support the P4 3.06, so why the adapter?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

tommybally

Distinguished
May 18, 2004
Dear Crashman
I should have been more specific about the cpu I plan on buying. I plan on getting a 800FSB Prescott 3.4GHz. Will this still work? Is there any posting of this type here on Tom's(as for performance and an whatnot). Thank for your responce and your time.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It might work, but you'd have to run your RAM at a much slower speed proportional to your CPU bus, that would likely cost you a lot of performance. Another thing is, I've never actually SEEN the i850E run at 200MHz bus, so I can't tell you much there. And I still don't see what you'd need the adapter for, I'm fairly certain the P4T533 would select the 533 bus automatically (on either a 533 or 800 bus CPU) with or without the adapter.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>