Bfbc2 ping

dari

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Hello,
when i pig the server via ip on win7 i get under 100 .. for ex. ping ip > the result 36 ms ... when i join the game server it is always + 100 .. so it is 136 ms .. is it a game set 2 add 100 ms 4 all users ? .. cuse iv never seen any player in the game with a ping uder 100 ms ? .. thank you all

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I am not sure about them "adding" latency to the game, but it will inherently be slower when connecting to the server through the game. I wouldn't worry too much about a ping of 100. It is about average I have found for BFbc2, and still playable.

Just take the normal steps to reducing it, make sure no back ground programs are connected etc.

Jimmy22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I have heard that as well...Real ping is about half of what is shown. I found that 2142 was the same, but to a lesser extent.

Either way, if you are playing other games fine (i.e. no issue with your kit), and BC2 is not lagging out too bad, that will prove that it is just an unhelpful reading for you.

Best advice i have found in these situations, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009

You have a St Louis server?

^^ Three, actually. Same location as our BF2 servers used to be (which gave me like 30-50 ping. Hence why I need to investigate my Tracert numbers...).

We choose the location because most of our guys in clan are SE US. [We previously tried Chicogo and LA, but too many members had speed issues during competition matches.]

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009

Hrm, i am from STL, and still play w/ buddies back there. Im in Texas now. Whats the server info?

Offhand? No idea. [work blocks our clan website, which our admins need to finish, ASAP!]

Just run a search on (withoug the quotes) "wG!" [make sure to type the caps as is]. The two non-password locked servers should then show up (probably Team Deathmatch and Rush). Our TD server is almost always populated, especially when our guys are on.

You can friend me in-game (gamerk316); If im on, 99% of the time, its our servers we are playing in.

Hemihead

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
What you see in game when you hit "tab" to see your or a players ping is not a ping measuring packet round trip and packet lose from the game server.

If you check in the games main menu/server browser or check a server in your favorites list you'll see your actual ping to the server.

I Found this from EA at :

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=c...=909&Itemid=128

No ping displayed - This is caused by Windows admin privileges. To view ping in the server browser run BFBC2.exe with administrator privileges.

High pings even on local game servers. We're actually showing game latency instead of ping.

This is basically how far behind the client is compared to the server. We try to keep the server a small portion in front of the clients so they in most cases can use replicated data until they get the next ghost update from the server. If they get a lag spike they will start predicting the state when they run out of information, however, the basic idea is to smooth out the experience compared to everything having to be corrected when the predictions are slightly off.