"Downloading Patch"

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

After running some high level areas with the necro, I just quit out to relogin
with a mule account, and ended up at a "Downloading Patching" screen. 32%
complete as of now. I wonder what it is...

--
Your soul shall fuel the hellf- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
11 answers Last reply

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > After running some high level areas with the necro, I just quit out to relogin
    > with a mule account, and ended up at a "Downloading Patching" screen. 32%
    > complete as of now. I wonder what it is...

    Diablo II Version History

    - Patch 1.11b

    FIXES:
    - Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when you return to chat after
    playing a game on Battle.net.
    - Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when the runeword "Peace" was
    equipped on a hireling.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Simon T <simonrogertaylor@yahoo.co.uk> kirjoitti:

    > - Patch 1.11b
    [...]
    > - Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when the runeword "Peace" was
    > equipped on a hireling.

    In case anyone is wondering, this still doesn't mean that they've
    fixed Peace. They've still only "fixed" the crash by making it not
    cast the Valkyrie when equipped on mercs. (I tested by letting my merc
    clear WSK2 wearing Peace; the Valk should've appeared in that time.)

    Shame - it would've been a cool merc armor.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Simon T <simonrogertaylor@yahoo.co.uk>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Stephen van Ham wrote:
    >> After running some high level areas with the necro, I just quit out to relogin
    >> with a mule account, and ended up at a "Downloading Patching" screen. 32%
    >> complete as of now. I wonder what it is...

    > Diablo II Version History

    >- Patch 1.11b
    >
    >FIXES:
    >- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when you return to chat after
    > playing a game on Battle.net.
    >- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when the runeword "Peace" was
    > equipped on a hireling.

    Bug fixes are bug fixes, I always say.

    And Patrick had already posted the patch notes on the other thread, which is
    why I didn't go back and do it again. :-)

    --
    Your soul shall fuel the hellf- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >However it would appear that the thread you mention isn't crossposted to AGD
    >as I'm reading there ATM and can't see it. Good that this was posted in this
    >thread then huh?
    >
    >:-)

    I actually knew that. Sometimes I just like to be difficult just on general
    principle.

    --
    Your soul shall fuel the hellf- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell
    down
    > the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    > >However it would appear that the thread you mention isn't crossposted to
    AGD
    > >as I'm reading there ATM and can't see it. Good that this was posted in
    this
    > >thread then huh?
    > >
    > >:-)
    >
    > I actually knew that. Sometimes I just like to be difficult just on
    general
    > principle.

    Who knew?

    :)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Simon T <simonrogertaylor@yahoo.co.uk>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    > Diablo II Version History

    >- Patch 1.11b
    >
    >FIXES:
    >- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when you return to chat after
    > playing a game on Battle.net.
    >- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when the runeword "Peace" was
    > equipped on a hireling.

    When I posted this over on the AB, there was some indication that a "Mac bug"
    had been fixed. Is the "Mac bug" anything to do with either of these listed
    changes?

    --
    Your soul shall fuel the hellf- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Whitedog" <email@email.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
    tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >> I actually knew that. Sometimes I just like to be difficult just on
    >>general principle.

    >Who knew?

    >:)

    Well, I think it took a few people a while to figure it out...

    --
    Your soul shall fuel the hellf- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    In article <slrn4dietfc.ffb5.raipala@rock.it.helsinki.fi>,
    Jaakko Raipala <raipala@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote:
    >Simon T <simonrogertaylor@yahoo.co.uk> kirjoitti:

    >> - Patch 1.11b
    >[...]
    >> - Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when the runeword "Peace" was
    >> equipped on a hireling.
    >
    >In case anyone is wondering, this still doesn't mean that they've
    >fixed Peace. They've still only "fixed" the crash by making it not
    >cast the Valkyrie when equipped on mercs. (I tested by letting my merc
    >clear WSK2 wearing Peace; the Valk should've appeared in that time.)
    >
    >Shame - it would've been a cool merc armor.

    Darn, there goes that experiment out of the window. I'd have tried it if
    only for the additional 'buffer' created by a Valk. As is, my sorc- and
    paladin project always feel very exposed, not only when compared to a
    Skelliemancer/meatgrinder, but also compared to an Assassin, who has a
    nice Shadow Master to complement the merc. Two tanks are great.

    :(

    Let's hope they release a patch 1.11c, to let the Valk be cast on a merc.

    Ciao,

    Patrick.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

    >> Darn, there goes that experiment out of the window.

    So equip Peace, get the valk, move the armor to your merc, and see if it
    stays.

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    In article <ss7gi1h6scfksi3ohlfqu72qrhto02g4qm@4ax.com>,
    Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:
    >On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
    >
    >>> Darn, there goes that experiment out of the window.
    >
    >So equip Peace, get the valk, move the armor to your merc, and see if it
    >stays.

    Nice idea, but Peace's mods are:

    4% Chance To Cast Level 5 Slow Missiles When Struck
    2% Chance To Cast level 15 Valkyrie On Striking
    +2 To Amazon Skill Levels
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    +2 To Critical Strike
    Cold Resist +30%
    Attacker Takes Damage of 14

    Not so bad if you're a melee type, and temporarily swap out your regular
    armor for your Merc's Peace, but I was thinking of using this with a more
    fragile Sorceress or something.

    And I wouldn't want to start wacking monsters in Hell, even in Act I, Cold
    Plains, with a sorc wearing Peace, hoping the 2% CtC Valk goes off. :)

    The nice thing of putting this on a merc would be that he woud
    occasionally re-cast the Valk, so it get's 'refreshed'.

    Anyway, anyone try this, because I don't have a Shael yet. (I'm poor, very
    poor on this ladder still...)

    Regards,

    Patrick.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:18:30 +0200, Patrick Vervoorn
    <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:

    >In article <ss7gi1h6scfksi3ohlfqu72qrhto02g4qm@4ax.com>,
    >Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:

    >>So equip Peace, get the valk, move the armor to your merc, and see if it
    >>stays.
    >

    >Anyway, anyone try this, because I don't have a Shael yet. (I'm poor, very
    >poor on this ladder still...)

    I've tried something similar to this. I never took off the armor but
    used it on different melee chars. The valk for some reason would just
    disappear after a couple minutes or so. Sometimes it doesn't even last
    longer than a minute. I've tried it on different days, times, and
    characters and all had the same thing happen. The valk just
    disappeared without being hit or killed. It pissed me off so much that
    I HELed the armor and put in treachery instead.

    This experiment was a few days ago before this newest patch so things
    may have changed. I don't have another 3 socket armor so I haven't
    re-experimented. If I get a chance later tonight, I will go shopping
    for a breast plate and try it again.

    Alan
    --

    USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-7 Non-Ladder SC

Games Diablo Video Games