WUSB54G connection problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
October 7, 2004 3:39:58 AM

I've installed six computers on my Linksys network and have used the WMP45G
cards in the newer machines, and the WUSB54G on the two older machines.
Everything has been working great except for this little problem: The
WUSB54G does not connect automatically on the Celeron 400 system running Win
98SE (even with all of the latest updates from MS). I have to go into the
Linksys monitor utility (whatever it's called) and manually double-click on
the profile for the user of that machine to get it to work. That doesn't
happen on any my other systems... the connection to AP occurs immediately
upon bootup. Any ideas?
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 5:48:37 PM

You may need to disable the Linksys Utility and use Windows to configure the
wireless connection. Not sure how you do it in Win98SE - check Linksys.com
to see if there are any specific instructions.

I had an SMC pc card that a problem connecting - using Windows to configure
the wireless connection fixed it.

Good luck.

"Hackworth" <NoSpam4Me@spamless.net> wrote in message
> I've installed six computers on my Linksys network and have used the
WMP45G
> cards in the newer machines, and the WUSB54G on the two older machines.
> Everything has been working great except for this little problem: The
> WUSB54G does not connect automatically on the Celeron 400 system running
Win
> 98SE (even with all of the latest updates from MS). I have to go into the
> Linksys monitor utility (whatever it's called) and manually double-click
on
> the profile for the user of that machine to get it to work. That doesn't
> happen on any my other systems... the connection to AP occurs immediately
> upon bootup. Any ideas?

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:41:15 PM

Hi,
The shop where I bought my WUSB54G warned me that the adapter doesn't work
with Win 98 SE.
The product documentation only mentiones W2K and higher.

br/rob

"Hackworth" <NoSpam4Me@spamless.net> wrote in message
> I've installed six computers on my Linksys network and have used the
WMP45G
> cards in the newer machines, and the WUSB54G on the two older machines.
> Everything has been working great except for this little problem: The
> WUSB54G does not connect automatically on the Celeron 400 system running
Win
> 98SE (even with all of the latest updates from MS). I have to go into the
> Linksys monitor utility (whatever it's called) and manually double-click
on
> the profile for the user of that machine to get it to work. That doesn't
> happen on any my other systems... the connection to AP occurs immediately
> upon bootup. Any ideas?

October 7, 2004 11:53:20 PM

"Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote:
>The product documentation only mentiones W2K and higher.

Mone had a sticker on the box saying "Win2K and WinXP only".
October 8, 2004 1:30:52 AM

"Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> The shop where I bought my WUSB54G warned me that the adapter doesn't work
> with Win 98 SE.
> The product documentation only mentiones W2K and higher.

I've gotten it working with Win Me just fine, and as I said, it works with
Win 98 OK *except for* the fact that it doesn't want to connect
automatically after bootup. I just wanted to avoid having to install Win Me
on another system if I could get away with it.

!