Shuttle AN35n Ultra Problems

inversion

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
I just finished updating my system unit with the following:
Shuttle AN35N Ultra with a 400 Mhz FSB, Gainward TI4200 Golden Sample with 64 meg, 2 sticks of Infenion 256 PC 3200 400Mhz, and an AMD XP 2400+ Procssor with the Thuroghbreed core (probably didn't spell that right). I am also still running Win98SE. For me this is state of the art.

When the system boots it only shows an FSB of 266Mhz instead of 400Mhz and it never states that it is running in dual channel mode (all though I was told by Infenion that all DDR will run in dual channel as long as the Main System Board suports it, and mine does. It takes a long time to open Windows as it sits on the Windows screen while Building a DMI Pool. When in Windows there seems to be a lag in video.

The speed of this system is no where near as fast as my old AMD 700Mhz SlotA, and the new setup should be much faster but indeed has actually slowed down condiderably. The Win98SE is a fresh load with a fresh partition on the drive.

Believe it or not I used to be the senior tech/manager as a Micro Computer Technician. I was even in charge of training hiries from a local tech college. My skills even included data recovery at various levels. I rebuilt the huge old Winchester drives with the removable disk packs after head crahses. Experienced in everything from the IBM Series One's to The lastest micro computer Technology untill five years ago when I lost my job to the year 2000 turn over scare. I had to take a job running a laser welder at Owens Corning, and now my skills as a Micro Computer Tech are all but lost. I used to know what had to be changed to stop the Building of the DMI pool but can no longer remember. Sad. As far as the rest of the problems (slow system/graphic loads, slower than expected FSB and not seeing any indication of the Ram running in dual channel mode) I'm lost. Things have changed so much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good Blessings to all!
Bill

John 3:16

To err is human, too really screw things up you need a computer!

The normal speed of the xp2400 is 266 fsb. Check your bios settings, and set the memory speed at 200 fsb (double pumped = 400). My pc3500 wouldn't run in dual mode without windows crashing on a different nforce2 board. I settled for single channel mode, and it ran completely stable. Did you do a fresh install of windows (format)?