Help needed badly!!

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Hi. Got a HUGHE problem. My second IDE-channel is totally gone and can't be "found". And so are my S-ATA channels. I don't figure this at all. None of my connected devices connected to neither s-ata or secondary IDE wants to show up at POST. Did install chipset drivers from the retail-CD for my Intel 875P NEO MB. No luck. Do i have a Dead MB here?? Got WinXP pro and 1 80GB seagate S-ATA (somewhere), 1 MAXTOR on IDE 1 and one CD-ROM unit displayable at POST only. Please HEELP!!

Compa

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
As you said, your controller is probably defective. If you can't see your drives while POSTing, it's usually not good. Have you try to connect your working device on different controllers. If you can only all your device on 1 controller, the other is probably dead.

And I suggest you, to not only buy a PCI add-in controller, change your whole MB. Because of all the integrated electronics, you might loose your controller that is still working in a few weeks/months (not sure, but it might happen). Maybe your MB is still under warranty.

--
Lookin' to fill that <font color=blue>GOD</font color=blue> shape hole!

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Yep:((( looks like i have to unmount all the gear and send the MB back..darn..i'm the kinda guy that always have to buy everything twice 'cause of instant malfunction..LOL.
Thx anyway.

Compa

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What version BIOS is in there? Do you have Version 1 or Version 2 of this board? Have you recently used Live Update? What Antivirus program are you running?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

tjchino

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
hold on to your screwdriver...
what sort of board are you working with?
also, is this a fresh install? is the hd a new one or is it from another system?
can you set the board to boot from CD-rom?
you might be able to save some time by getting this board to work.

anyway, you maybe able to

TRENDING THREADS