HCLW Immediate Help Needed

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative. He's
only L51 himself and wouldn't stand a chance against the Mighty Ghosts that
got my Sorc. So if anyone can help, come to AGDHCHELL//AGD ASAP. Thanks!

Regards-
Mark

Bongo Fury
28 answers Last reply
More about hclw needed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
    > Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative.
    > He's only L51 himself and wouldn't stand a chance against the Mighty
    > Ghosts that got my Sorc. So if anyone can help, come to AGDHCHELL//AGD
    > ASAP. Thanks!

    I found a Hero to come to my rescue. Thx anyway.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo Fury
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:04:12 GMT, "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
    >Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative.

    My condolences on your loss.

    -- Roy L
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Hell I think I am gonna have to check out those items. My Javazon
    currently uses a nice beautiful armor of about 233 defense with dual
    resists, one that I am sure my son Nik would consider godly just for
    the look alone and I am likely going to need something better for Hell,
    which I could be arriving at soon. At level 64 the Ancients await and
    Baal runs can't be far behind. Eventually I end up with a plethora of
    LUM runes for Smoke armor. Hell, even the scutums have been hidding
    themselves from me so that +57 all resists eludes me also at this time.
    I just have not been as lucky this ladder.

    Orion
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    > "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
    >> Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative.
    >> He's only L51 himself and wouldn't stand a chance against the Mighty
    >> Ghosts that got my Sorc. So if anyone can help, come to AGDHCHELL//AGD
    >> ASAP. Thanks!
    >>

    > I found a Hero to come to my rescue. Thx anyway.
    >
    > Regards-
    > Mark
    >
    > Bongo Fury

    Sorry to hear about your sorceress. :-(

    Glad that you got your gear back. Too bad that you can't loot the merc's
    gear, and charms though.

    Khi Khi commented to Cinna that the items that you recovered were pretty
    poor for HC hell (probably didn't realize that you were still wearing MF
    gear). LOL, if he only knew what my characters were wearing. Of course, I
    keep them out of hell, so far at least, but Since I must have about twenty
    characters to equip, they're all running a bit lean. On the other hand,
    I've REALLY learned to appreciate the value of stealth armor, as over half
    of my characters and a few of my merc's are still proudly wearing stealth
    :-)

    I'll be working late tonight, tomorrow night, and most of Saturday, but if
    there's anything that I can do to help you rebuild, don't be bashful about
    asking.

    I'm thinking that it's about time that I geared up one of my characters, and
    start working my way through hell. My BF 'sin tried to do that the other
    night, but when her shadow master and her merc both got one hit killed
    within a second or two of each other by something just off screen (in the
    blood moor, no less!), I bailed. I have no idea what it was, but that merc
    is pretty tough. NM Baal or Lister & crew don't bother him at all, so it
    was something pretty scary. :-)

    Ruben
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    > stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    > >Mark wrote:
    > >> I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear
    > >> that other people laugh at.
    > >
    > >Heh, the way my luck's been going I wouldn't be able to play my barb any
    > >other way even if I wanted to. He's still wearing rare gloves and a belt
    > >he's had since almost the beginning of NM, and the poor bastard's merc is
    > >still wearing an Iceblink at lvl 77--and it's all they can do to swat
    > >lightning bugs just outside Lut Gholein without biting the big one.
    >
    > I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul runes. ;-)

    Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!

    Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act 2,
    and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a Plague
    Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!

    -Jason
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Aww damn,

    It's annoying, but no big deal. When I'm ready I can rebuild her and have
    her MFing in Hell within a week. I recovered her gear, so that's a big help.

    > Let me guess, Those giant piggies extra fast extra strong took out the
    > merc too quickly and Temptresses shooting stars from the left and right
    > and lag hitting at a bad time.

    No, it was a Mana Burn, Might Enchanted, X Fast ghost pack down in
    Snapchip's lair. I should have TP out as soon as the merc died, but I wanted
    to see what it was that got him. And before I knew it they were on top of me
    and I had no mana. Tried to run and throw up a TP, but in MF gear with no
    plus skills I had no chance.

    > Hell I am glad that you were able to find someone. This is life's way
    > of giving you thanks for that time that guy in the AB game needed help
    > and you showed up.

    Yeah, looks like I cashed in some of my good karma. And thank god for good
    friends to come to your rescue.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo Fury
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    <royls@telus.net> wrote in message

    > My condolences on your loss.

    Thanks Roy.

    But it's really no biggie, my first high level loss of the new ladder. It's
    a part of playing HC. And you have to lose one occasionally to appreciate
    the others.

    Oh well, her deeds of valor will certainly be remembered. Exactly 200 Hell
    Mephy runs and plenty of gear to help out a lot of other characters. And I
    did get her gear back.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo Fury
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
    [Snip]
    > I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear that
    > other people laugh at.

    LOL, me too

    With careful play, it's amazing what you can get by with.

    > Since I won't be playing much in the near future, if you want I'll give
    > you access to my mules so you and Cinna can gear up for Hell. Better that
    > someone use it than it gather dust sitting on a mule.

    Thanks, but no need. I've never been one to use much for great items, and
    I'm getting along great with what I have. I'd rather those items just wait
    there, waiting for your return, calling to you, propting your return [Evil
    Grin]

    Ruben
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    --
    chainbreaker

    Well in the future, if anyone needs help and I'm on,

    USwest HC my account is
    *sls-jack

    I can pretty much handle any areas in the new ladder season.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    what does HCL stand for?

    cheers
    adam

    "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
    > Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative.
    > He's only L51 himself and wouldn't stand a chance against the Mighty
    > Ghosts that got my Sorc. So if anyone can help, come to AGDHCHELL//AGD
    > ASAP. Thanks!
    >
    > Regards-
    > Mark
    >
    > Bongo Fury

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, "Adam Sawyer" wrote:

    >> what does HCL stand for?

    In most places it would be hydrochloric acid,
    but here it's HardCore, Ladder.

    --

    Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Brian Brunner wrote:

    > On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, "Adam Sawyer" wrote:
    >

    >>>what does HCL stand for?
    >

    > In most places it would be hydrochloric acid,
    > but here it's HardCore, Ladder.

    There's a difference?!? :-)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    lol thanks
    adam

    "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, "Adam Sawyer" wrote:
    >
    >>> what does HCL stand for?
    >
    > In most places it would be hydrochloric acid,
    > but here it's HardCore, Ladder.
    >

    >>> cheers
    >>> adam
    >>>
    >>> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > --
    >
    > Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:08:24 GMT, "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> LOL, if he only knew what my characters were wearing.
    >
    >I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear that
    >other people laugh at.

    LOL, that makes three of us who send our chars to Hell in thrift store
    rejects...

    Anyone else routinely soloing Hell with a Pewter Pickle Fork of the
    Pencilneck?

    -- Roy L

    Blue Jack Sky wrote:
    > Well in the future, if anyone needs help and I'm on,
    >
    > USwest HC my account is
    > *sls-jack
    >
    > I can pretty much handle any areas in the new ladder season.

    Great! I'm going to remember that account name. My zon is now doing HC
    NM Baal runs in preparation for entering HC Hell.

    Orion
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >On the other hand,
    >I've REALLY learned to appreciate the value of stealth armor, as over half
    >of my characters and a few of my merc's are still proudly wearing stealth
    >:-)

    Hi, I'm just sticking my nose in to echo your sentiments about the Stealth
    runeword. I like it a lot too.

    And sorry about the character loss, Mark. How did she die, exactly, to
    Snappy or something else? You mentioned looting, so at least it wasn't one
    of my patented death-by-ISP-drops.

    --
    USWest SCL: 79 barb, 84 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >[Snip]
    >> I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear that
    >> other people laugh at.

    >LOL, me too

    >With careful play, it's amazing what you can get by with.

    For sure! My barb finished off his death-free patriarch title the other day,
    still wearing part sigons set (gloves and shield), and for the longest time my
    sorceress and necro were wearing at least half blue items. And I think my
    paladin is still using a magic circlet and a plain paladin shield with some
    diamonds in it.

    --
    USWest SCL: 79 barb, 84 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >> Let me guess, Those giant piggies extra fast extra strong took out the
    >> merc too quickly and Temptresses shooting stars from the left and right
    >> and lag hitting at a bad time.

    >No, it was a Mana Burn, Might Enchanted, X Fast ghost pack down in
    >Snapchip's lair. I should have TP out as soon as the merc died, but I wanted
    >to see what it was that got him. And before I knew it they were on top of me
    >and I had no mana. Tried to run and throw up a TP, but in MF gear with no
    >plus skills I had no chance.

    Owww!

    --
    USWest SCL: 79 barb, 84 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    chainbreaker wrote:
    > Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    > > the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at
    > > Baal...

    > >> Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!
    > >
    > > Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.
    > >
    > >> Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act
    > >> 2, and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a
    > >> Plague Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!
    > >
    > > My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that
    > > on, plus an angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in
    > > act 1), a "Steel" flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels
    > > downright uber!
    >
    > Heh, you all make me feel like I'm way overequipped with the Vamp Gaze my
    > barb was lucky enough to hork up--only problem is, good as a Gaze is, it
    > ain't nearly enough. He did gamble a really nice blue ammy
    > though--Chromatic Ammy of Nirvana, IIRC; +24 dex, +27 resist all. At least
    > that will give him a fighting chance to survive to meet Duriel at least.
    >
    > And like I was telling Jill earlier tonight, I honestly think that they've
    > done something to screw up MF with this patch--either that, or it's like 2/3
    > of the item list isn't even being picked from or something.
    >
    > Hells bells, we couldn't *all* be having this much bad luck, could we? Heh,
    > from the looks of things we'd be hard pressed to well equip a character
    > among us. :-)

    I was in a game last night, running through act 4 NM, and I swear at
    least 7-8 demonhide sashes fell - all white. With each one I though
    "that could have been a string..."

    -Jason
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >Mark wrote:
    >> I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear
    >> that other people laugh at.
    >
    >Heh, the way my luck's been going I wouldn't be able to play my barb any
    >other way even if I wanted to. He's still wearing rare gloves and a belt
    >he's had since almost the beginning of NM, and the poor bastard's merc is
    >still wearing an Iceblink at lvl 77--and it's all they can do to swat
    >lightning bugs just outside Lut Gholein without biting the big one.

    I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul runes. ;-)

    --
    USWest SCL: 79 barb, 84 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >> I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul runes. ;-)

    >Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!

    Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.

    >Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act 2,
    >and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a Plague
    >Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!

    My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that on, plus an
    angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in act 1), a "Steel"
    flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels downright uber!

    --
    USWest SCL: 79 barb, 84 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
    > the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at
    > Baal...
    >
    >>> I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul
    >>> runes. ;-)
    >
    >> Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!
    >
    > Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.
    >
    >> Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act
    >> 2, and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a
    >> Plague Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!
    >
    > My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that
    > on, plus an angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in
    > act 1), a "Steel" flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels
    > downright uber!

    Heh, you all make me feel like I'm way overequipped with the Vamp Gaze my
    barb was lucky enough to hork up--only problem is, good as a Gaze is, it
    ain't nearly enough. He did gamble a really nice blue ammy
    though--Chromatic Ammy of Nirvana, IIRC; +24 dex, +27 resist all. At least
    that will give him a fighting chance to survive to meet Duriel at least.

    And like I was telling Jill earlier tonight, I honestly think that they've
    done something to screw up MF with this patch--either that, or it's like 2/3
    of the item list isn't even being picked from or something.

    Hells bells, we couldn't *all* be having this much bad luck, could we? Heh,
    from the looks of things we'd be hard pressed to well equip a character
    among us. :-)

    --
    chainbreaker
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:03:56 +1200, Stephen van Ham
    <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

    >"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    >stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
    >
    >>> I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul runes. ;-)
    >
    >>Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!
    >
    >Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.
    >
    >>Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act 2,
    >>and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a Plague
    >>Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!
    >
    >My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that on, plus an
    >angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in act 1), a "Steel"
    >flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels downright uber!

    He should, I call that pretty nice gear for HC Normal!

    -- Roy L
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    royls@telus.net, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs, tripped over
    an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:03:56 +1200, Stephen van Ham
    ><svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
    >
    >>"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
    >>stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

    >>>Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!
    >>
    >>Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.
    >>
    >>>Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act 2,
    >>>and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a Plague
    >>>Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!
    >>
    >>My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that on, plus an
    >>angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in act 1), a "Steel"
    >>flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels downright uber!
    >
    >He should, I call that pretty nice gear for HC Normal!

    Not bad for a mostly no twink fellow, indeed (he was given a hellforge hammer
    by Jason early on, but other than that he's been on his own).

    I had a good little game with Tymme's sorceress this morning. It seemed to
    be one of those "good rune seed" games, as a rune was dropping every few
    minutes, either from the monsters, or from the chests, stashes etc (we ended
    up doing kind of scorched earth). I think we finished with a couple of tir,
    one or two eth, a tal, and a ral or two, all by the end of act 3 normal (we
    slapped Mephisto around and then I decided to call it a day). We also found
    an angelic ring, arctic belt, and a Vidala's amulet in that game.

    --
    USWest SCL: 79 barb, 84 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    neithskye wrote:
    > Every game I start, I think, "Well, it's just been some bad luck, it's
    > bound to get better" . . . but it doesn't. The upside is, I never knew
    > I knew this many swear words. Perhaps a little cheese with my whine.
    > :-)
    >
    > Jill

    I strongly suspect you could be muchly innovative in that department if you
    really put your mind to it. :-)

    --
    chainbreaker
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    chainbreaker wrote:
    > neithskye wrote:

    > > Every game I start, I think, "Well, it's just been some bad luck, it's
    > > bound to get better" . . . but it doesn't. The upside is, I never knew
    > > I knew this many swear words.
    >
    > I strongly suspect you could be muchly innovative in that department if you
    > really put your mind to it. :-)

    Heh. Cheeky feller. :P

    "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > chainbreaker wrote:
    >
    >> And like I was telling Jill earlier tonight, I honestly think that
    >> they've done something to screw up MF with this patch--either that,
    >> or it's like 2/3 of the item list isn't even being picked from or
    >> something.
    >
    > About a dozen runs through the Crypt and Mausoleum netted my Barb two
    > Stormguild Large Shields. And that's pretty much it.
    >
    >> Hells bells, we couldn't *all* be having this much bad luck, could
    >> we?

    Wednesday in HC nightmare, going to visit the countess, I found a String of
    Ears, and, two floors below, a Skin of the Vipermagi.

    Mark.

    (Some do call me -Tymme-)

    --
    While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making
    the same lethal errors century after century seems to me nothing short

Games Diablo Video Games