HCLW Immediate Help Needed

mark

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative. He's
only L51 himself and wouldn't stand a chance against the Mighty Ghosts that
got my Sorc. So if anyone can help, come to AGDHCHELL//AGD ASAP. Thanks!

Regards-
Mark

Bongo Fury

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
> If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
> Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative.
> He's only L51 himself and wouldn't stand a chance against the Mighty
> Ghosts that got my Sorc. So if anyone can help, come to AGDHCHELL//AGD
> ASAP. Thanks!

I found a Hero to come to my rescue. Thx anyway.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo Fury

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:04:12 GMT, "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>
wrote:

>If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
>Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative.

My condolences on your loss.

-- Roy L

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Hell I think I am gonna have to check out those items. My Javazon
currently uses a nice beautiful armor of about 233 defense with dual
resists, one that I am sure my son Nik would consider godly just for
the look alone and I am likely going to need something better for Hell,
which I could be arriving at soon. At level 64 the Ancients await and
Baal runs can't be far behind. Eventually I end up with a plethora of
LUM runes for Smoke armor. Hell, even the scutums have been hidding
themselves from me so that +57 all resists eludes me also at this time.
I just have not been as lucky this ladder.

Orion

> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> If anyone has a character in HCL West that can escort my BO Barb to
>> Snapchip's Lair in A5 Hell to loot my Sorc I'd be greatly appreciative.
>> He's only L51 himself and wouldn't stand a chance against the Mighty
>> Ghosts that got my Sorc. So if anyone can help, come to AGDHCHELL//AGD
>> ASAP. Thanks!
>>

> I found a Hero to come to my rescue. Thx anyway.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo Fury

Sorry to hear about your sorceress. :-(

Glad that you got your gear back. Too bad that you can't loot the merc's
gear, and charms though.

Khi Khi commented to Cinna that the items that you recovered were pretty
poor for HC hell (probably didn't realize that you were still wearing MF
gear). LOL, if he only knew what my characters were wearing. Of course, I
keep them out of hell, so far at least, but Since I must have about twenty
characters to equip, they're all running a bit lean. On the other hand,
I've REALLY learned to appreciate the value of stealth armor, as over half
of my characters and a few of my merc's are still proudly wearing stealth
:)

I'll be working late tonight, tomorrow night, and most of Saturday, but if
there's anything that I can do to help you rebuild, don't be bashful about
asking.

I'm thinking that it's about time that I geared up one of my characters, and
start working my way through hell. My BF 'sin tried to do that the other
night, but when her shadow master and her merc both got one hit killed
within a second or two of each other by something just off screen (in the
blood moor, no less!), I bailed. I have no idea what it was, but that merc
is pretty tough. NM Baal or Lister & crew don't bother him at all, so it
was something pretty scary. :)

Ruben

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
> stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>
> >Mark wrote:
> >> I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear
> >> that other people laugh at.
> >
> >Heh, the way my luck's been going I wouldn't be able to play my barb any
> >other way even if I wanted to. He's still wearing rare gloves and a belt
> >he's had since almost the beginning of NM, and the poor bastard's merc is
> >still wearing an Iceblink at lvl 77--and it's all they can do to swat
> >lightning bugs just outside Lut Gholein without biting the big one.
>
> I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul runes. ;-)

Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!

Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act 2,
and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a Plague
Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!

-Jason

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Aww damn,

It's annoying, but no big deal. When I'm ready I can rebuild her and have
her MFing in Hell within a week. I recovered her gear, so that's a big help.

> Let me guess, Those giant piggies extra fast extra strong took out the
> merc too quickly and Temptresses shooting stars from the left and right
> and lag hitting at a bad time.

No, it was a Mana Burn, Might Enchanted, X Fast ghost pack down in
Snapchip's lair. I should have TP out as soon as the merc died, but I wanted
to see what it was that got him. And before I knew it they were on top of me
and I had no mana. Tried to run and throw up a TP, but in MF gear with no
plus skills I had no chance.

> Hell I am glad that you were able to find someone. This is life's way
> of giving you thanks for that time that guy in the AB game needed help
> and you showed up.

Yeah, looks like I cashed in some of my good karma. And thank god for good
friends to come to your rescue.

<royls@telus.net> wrote in message

> My condolences on your loss.

Thanks Roy.

But it's really no biggie, my first high level loss of the new ladder. It's
a part of playing HC. And you have to lose one occasionally to appreciate
the others.

Oh well, her deeds of valor will certainly be remembered. Exactly 200 Hell
Mephy runs and plenty of gear to help out a lot of other characters. And I
did get her gear back.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo Fury

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
[Snip]
> I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear that
> other people laugh at.

LOL, me too

With careful play, it's amazing what you can get by with.

> Since I won't be playing much in the near future, if you want I'll give
> you access to my mules so you and Cinna can gear up for Hell. Better that
> someone use it than it gather dust sitting on a mule.

Thanks, but no need. I've never been one to use much for great items, and
I'm getting along great with what I have. I'd rather those items just wait
there, waiting for your return, calling to you, propting your return [Evil
Grin]

Ruben

--
chainbreaker

Well in the future, if anyone needs help and I'm on,

USwest HC my account is
*sls-jack

I can pretty much handle any areas in the new ladder season.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

what does HCL stand for?

cheers
adam

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, "Adam Sawyer" wrote:

>> what does HCL stand for?

In most places it would be hydrochloric acid,
but here it's HardCore, Ladder.

--

Chaos Empire mod: Webwalker

Brian Brunner wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, "Adam Sawyer" wrote:
>

>>>what does HCL stand for?
>

> In most places it would be hydrochloric acid,
> but here it's HardCore, Ladder.

There's a difference?!? :)

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

lol thanks
adam

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:08:24 GMT, "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>
wrote:

>"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> LOL, if he only knew what my characters were wearing.
>
>I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear that
>other people laugh at.

LOL, that makes three of us who send our chars to Hell in thrift store
rejects...

Anyone else routinely soloing Hell with a Pewter Pickle Fork of the
Pencilneck?

-- Roy L

Blue Jack Sky wrote:
> Well in the future, if anyone needs help and I'm on,
>
> USwest HC my account is
> *sls-jack
>
> I can pretty much handle any areas in the new ladder season.

Great! I'm going to remember that account name. My zon is now doing HC
NM Baal runs in preparation for entering HC Hell.

Orion

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>On the other hand,
>I've REALLY learned to appreciate the value of stealth armor, as over half
>of my characters and a few of my merc's are still proudly wearing stealth
>:)

Hi, I'm just sticking my nose in to echo your sentiments about the Stealth
runeword. I like it a lot too.

And sorry about the character loss, Mark. How did she die, exactly, to
Snappy or something else? You mentioned looting, so at least it wasn't one
of my patented death-by-ISP-drops.

--
USWest SCL: 79 barb, 84 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
>[Snip]
>> I take it as a badge of honor to be able to play the game with gear that
>> other people laugh at.

>LOL, me too

>With careful play, it's amazing what you can get by with.

For sure! My barb finished off his death-free patriarch title the other day,
still wearing part sigons set (gloves and shield), and for the longest time my
sorceress and necro were wearing at least half blue items. And I think my
paladin is still using a magic circlet and a plain paladin shield with some
diamonds in it.

--

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>> Let me guess, Those giant piggies extra fast extra strong took out the
>> merc too quickly and Temptresses shooting stars from the left and right
>> and lag hitting at a bad time.

>No, it was a Mana Burn, Might Enchanted, X Fast ghost pack down in
>Snapchip's lair. I should have TP out as soon as the merc died, but I wanted
>to see what it was that got him. And before I knew it they were on top of me
>and I had no mana. Tried to run and throw up a TP, but in MF gear with no
>plus skills I had no chance.

Owww!

--

chainbreaker wrote:
> Stephen van Ham wrote:
> > "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
> > the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at
> > Baal...

> >> Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!
> >
> > Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.
> >
> >> Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act
> >> 2, and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a
> >> Plague Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!
> >
> > My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that
> > on, plus an angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in
> > act 1), a "Steel" flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels
> > downright uber!
>
> Heh, you all make me feel like I'm way overequipped with the Vamp Gaze my
> barb was lucky enough to hork up--only problem is, good as a Gaze is, it
> ain't nearly enough. He did gamble a really nice blue ammy
> though--Chromatic Ammy of Nirvana, IIRC; +24 dex, +27 resist all. At least
> that will give him a fighting chance to survive to meet Duriel at least.
>
> And like I was telling Jill earlier tonight, I honestly think that they've
> done something to screw up MF with this patch--either that, or it's like 2/3
> of the item list isn't even being picked from or something.
>
> Hells bells, we couldn't *all* be having this much bad luck, could we? Heh,
> from the looks of things we'd be hard pressed to well equip a character
> among us. :)

I was in a game last night, running through act 4 NM, and I swear at
least 7-8 demonhide sashes fell - all white. With each one I though
"that could have been a string..."

-Jason

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down
> the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at
> Baal...
>
>>> I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul
>>> runes. ;-)
>
>> Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!
>
> Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.
>
>> Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act
>> 2, and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a
>> Plague Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!
>
> My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that
> on, plus an angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in
> act 1), a "Steel" flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels
> downright uber!

Heh, you all make me feel like I'm way overequipped with the Vamp Gaze my
barb was lucky enough to hork up--only problem is, good as a Gaze is, it
ain't nearly enough. He did gamble a really nice blue ammy
though--Chromatic Ammy of Nirvana, IIRC; +24 dex, +27 resist all. At least
that will give him a fighting chance to survive to meet Duriel at least.

And like I was telling Jill earlier tonight, I honestly think that they've
done something to screw up MF with this patch--either that, or it's like 2/3
of the item list isn't even being picked from or something.

Hells bells, we couldn't *all* be having this much bad luck, could we? Heh,
from the looks of things we'd be hard pressed to well equip a character
among us. :)

--
chainbreaker

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:03:56 +1200, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
>stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...
>
>>> I'm a big fan of four socket armours filled with ral, ort and thul runes. ;-)
>
>>Hey, my merc is weaing one of those! It's also got a Tal!
>
>Well well, don't going spoiling the lad.
>
>>Speaking of garbage, I've got a level 77 barb struggling through act 2,
>>and the best he's got to show is an upgraded Hawkmail, and a Plague
>>Bearer Rune Sword. Woo hoo!
>
>My lil fledgling HC barb just gambled an hsaru's belt. With that on, plus an
>angelic ring (found in act 2), bloodfist gloves (found in act 1), a "Steel"
>flail, and a purdy purple shield, he feels downright uber!

He should, I call that pretty nice gear for HC Normal!

-- Roy L