Having Issue with ps3 Audio and can't find a Solution

Worom

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I recently bought a ps3 about a week ago and just got a new lcd tv to go with it and connected it through an hdmi cable and recently while playing a blue ray movie the audio started crackling and going static/fuzzy I turned the TV on then off and the issue went away. But it started up again after about an hour. Then while playing a game the same issue started up again after an hour or two of gaming the sound would start to crackle and get fuzzy and echo as well. I disconnected and reconnected the hdmi cable and the problem went away again and I have no idea what is causing this and it happens every 2 - 3 hours of playtime

TV is Vizio VA370M regular tv audio seems fine.
Tried a different hdmi cable no effect
tried turning of Dolby 5.1 surround sound no effect

Yesterday I played my ps3 for about 3 hours straight and did not have this issue. It just started today and I'm at a loss as to what the cause could be

Update:
Tried different HDMI port no effect trying my XBOX360 to see if does the same thing, if it does then its the tv :( if it doesn't then its the ps3 is my thinking and ill go exchange it for a new one.

Update 2:

Got through an entire movie on 360 without any sound issues as well as game play looks like I had a bad ps3